Yaaawwwwnnnn. Er, I was awoken from my peaceful slumber by leftist drivel, uninformed yokelisms, flat earther moonbat yowls & other silliness.
Did ANYONE but me hear that there is a refinery crunch on right now THX to the EPA.
1. 50+ regional blends mandated when we could get 95% of the way there with 3-5 blends.
2. MBTE which was mandated into fuels by EPA - ooops, gets into the water supply and causes trouble - so being mandated back out...right now.
3. Normal ramp-up of outdoor activities as northern hemisphere slides into spring & summer.
4. Refineries still down from Katrina.
5. Major refinery repairs usually happen in mid spring - no hurricanes, weather not too warm nor too cool, demand flat. But this yr, near 1933 conditions in OK, N TX, etc. And don't whine to me about "global warming". The PNA, ENSO, NAO, AO, PDO, etc., are all mirroring 30's setup...so it was/is hot & dry with big swings in temp and rainfall. Don't know what I'm talking about? HELLLO, GOOGLE. Go learn something and quit wasting everybodies time.
So what prices are up. Give up a pack of smokes or a 6 pack this week and tough it out, whiners.
Rising prices will spur increased supply later. Supply & demand curves don't exactly snap into equiblirum overnight, don't-cha-know...
We have petro running out our ears. Whiners: I condemn you to a rainy weekend digesting the life works of Julian Simon to be followed by a basic economics course. If oil stays in the $70/bbl new supplies from sands & shale (more than all the middle east even when the finds were new) will be online in 4-8 years.
And one more thing: you people that want to "solve problems" that you have utterly no understanding of are, in the long run, the most dangerous people on the planet. You Luddite losers.
Someday I'll tell you what I really think. But not today!