Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah me, first!

Now if I only had something worth while too say...

Go Buell!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, had to go to the chow hall before I could finish reading...

Awesome article and feedback. This is why I love MO more the rags I subscribe to. The different viewpoints/ personalities give a real expansive breakdown (then get tempered by a 'professional's' comments) makes for a real comprehensive review. Can't wait for the next installment, and more reviews like this!!

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
Excellent

You guys did a great job. Very entertaining much better than the rag comparos. The Guest Rider Ramblings were my favorite part. Next time I'll do a drive by on my Ninja to get Longride all fired up. After I complete my training at Freddies of course.... No offense Longride but you are much more articulate in this piece then all the your ill fated rebuttals to my posts. I feel like you aren't giving me your best work...:) . Great work George... Too bad you guys can't all work for MO. Sean, Buz, Martin your stuff was great too. I love the four very different perspectives...

·
Registered
6 Posts
OK, great story, and I am looking forward to hearing about the new Speed Triple. That looks like it will be a great bike. And, we all know that the FZ-1 is also great bike.

But, you guys are leaving out the ZRX 1200 and the Z1000. I know the ZRX isn't the newest bike, but that is one serious streetfighter. And the Z1000? New, fast and USD forks? MO, please don't mislead us, give us a range of 'Fighters. Heck, I'd even ;love to see a TnT in the mix.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Goodarticle/test. As an Industrial Designer I find the Buell to be one of the freshest, most attractive designs on the street today. Fresh and creative all the way through plus very good handling and adequate power....now if the one I test rode last year had only run ALL the way back to the dealer (Ikes in Kenosha, WI). It died and would not restart about a 1/4 mile from the dealership, so I pushed it back. I asked them to e-mail or call me when they figured out the problem...they never did.

I'm glad my local dealer that I keep buying Sporty's from (currently a modified '04 1200R)isn't like that, Gerencers is very customer oriented.

It will be interesting to see your thoughts on the Buell vs a Fizzy1...apples and potatoes???? DFO

·
Registered
2 Posts
As a Buelligan, I was delighted that two out of three of your testers loved our little beastie. If I could make a suggestion or two for the continuance of your test, it would be this.

1. Fit the race kit to the buell, as the Tuna was equiped. NO BODY actually rides a stock Buell. I can be done of course, but the race kit should be considered as standard fitting, absent only because of somewhat silly gov't regs. The race kit isn't loud, you need a Drummer for that.

2. The larger Streetfighter,like George, ( I am 6-2/210) really needs to adjust the supension to suit. It only takes about 5 minutes, and the info is in the owners manual. Buells are more sensitive to set up than most other bikes because of their radical geometry

3. NO BODY actually rides the bike on the stock tires. They are meant only to unload the bike, and ride it back to the dealers for the race kit after the 1000 mile break in. You want to fit Metzler M-1, Pirelli's or, as I have, Michelin Pilot Powers.

I just mention this, because you guys want to be looking your best when you take on the new Speed Nipple!!

Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Wow. Beyond the review, you captured the essence of motorcycling. It's supposed to be FUN. This was a FUN read about a bunch of guys having a few FUN days riding FUN bikes. My guess is that if you were on a CL350, an X-6 Hustler, and a Kawasaki H1, you'd still have FUN.

The Cowgirls were an added bonus. They looked FUN, too.

Maybe we can get past all of this ranting political BS instigated by Kpaul, and actually get MO back to being FUN. This article alone will get my $11.94 for next year.

Thanks. Great job.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
I don't know who was trying to be helpful by pointing out the chick's boobs on img_3182, but most of us can find them on our own. Thank you.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Sean looked like Homer Simpson trying for an out of reach donut in that one.

"Closer, just a littttle closer!"

·
Registered
174 Posts
Ha Ha Ha

You're kidding right?

If they're into torture pick the MV Agusta or the Buell. If they're into getting the crap scared out of them get the Tuono.

Either way you'll end up divorced.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
The MV and Tuono are cramped, but usable for smaller passengers over shorter distances. The Buell's passenger accomidations are useless and scary, thanks to the slope and taper of the pointy passenger pad. -Sean

·
Registered
320 Posts
Great review but......

......What happened to the grand daddy of all naked bikes, the ever venerable Ducati Monster? Surely this bike deserves a chance in the comparo. How does the S4R stand up amongst these motorcycle greats? (I'm really just saying this 'cos I just bought one)

BTW, Major kudos to Buell, it's nice to see it winning the accolades it deserves. I was seriously torn between a XB12R and a MS4R, but I went with the Duke. If anyone is interested I'll tell ya why.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.