Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Something tells me the word 'outlaw' should have been, ahem, outlawed from this whole chopper trend the minute American Chopper aired on Discovery. Putting that show on the same channel that shows documentaries on pandas pretty much made choppers as mainstream as mainstream can get.

China does this, too, with clothing. It's called slave labour. ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Are you freaking kidding me? Go to jail, make a fortune! Why not do what you love while paying your debt to society...no reason to revoke any of your rights and privileges....after all what did you do, really?

It is prison for a reason...it is not supposed to be a an opportunity to do anything but be punished for your crimes against humanity.

I am in hell and nobody cares!!

OK, I am done....

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Nothing like an unfair competitive advantage. If I were manufacturing my own line of custom bikes, just how in the hell would I be able to compete against a company that had inmate labor rates? And if the bikes are sold for inflated rates to appease the current manufacturers, the prison is still one more company to fend off.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Are you going to trust a bunch of criminals too stupid to get away with there crimes to build a bike for you? Since they're all hardworking and honest folk in the prison I'm sure they can assemble a catalog custom as well as anyone else, why I wouldn't hesitate to send a check, oh sorry, money order for $40,000 to some one in jail for a bike.

Since I like to repeat myself I'll ask again. How is a bike that you had built for you, from off the shelf parts that anyone can buy "custom"? Because you had it painted different from the 6 or 7000 other "customs" that were built from the exact same parts from the exact same catalog?

If you're going to ride a chopper at least show some balls and buy a stock bike and chop it yourself, show some class and build your own. I might not look like an Arlen Ness bike but at least we can pick it out of a crowd.

phuken panzies

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Wonder if the inmates will get a .05 cent an hour pay number? Not that I'd know anything about that....

Beats farming sugar beets for Spreckles...

·
Registered
243 Posts
WTF

!?!?!?!?! WTF !?!?!?!?!?

1. Who gets the money?

2. Is this really a punishment?

3. Is this even legal (unfair competion or like)?

4. Oh, god, not another chopper!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Why do I get the feeling this enterprise isn't going very far? Maybe because if these inmates had it together enough to build and sell choppers they wouldn't be in prison in the first place.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Still pretty lame. Saddam and his boys are busily starting their production line of Jihad motorcycles. Fatwa 650, Infidel 1100 and Great Satan 2100, nitro engines and limited life span head bolts on the rear cylinder.

- cruiz-euro

·
Registered
480 Posts
Well I live here in Nevada.and I think it,s wonderful.We are about the last state of independence.And since I live in vegas if some suckers want to come and help pay for my state and city by gambling,by all means!And if some idiot wants to buy an "inmate-ocycle",fine by me.Separate the rubes from their money ,that,s what this state is all about.Brings a crocodile tear to my eyes!!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.