Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
We could have some fun with the "underpenetrated groups" comment...

I'm seeing conflicting info in the bidness press - which is usually pretty good news. Tells me that if HD continues to make good product decisions, the effect on my retirement savings will continue to be good.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Both Wall Street and HDI Scare me.. Both of them use a snow job to get you to purchase there products.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Stocks don't move on those fundamental numbers just as a Harelys don't get sold, move, on their numbers. You know the ones, 799 pounds, 71 RWHP.

Making stuff certainly isn't the way to make money or make stocks go to the moon. What you need for that is complex financial strategies with buyouts and buybacks and tons of levege. and the backing of the Pig Men. That would be The Street. One thing the Pig Men hate is nuts and bolts companies.

Harley should approximately track the broad market over the long haul. Viscious shakeouts like last years, and the occasional sharp rally will be executed by the Pig Men on 'news' occasionally so they can make some quick bucks.

Stocks are a speculation, always have been always will be. The stock market is a rigged game, essentially a criminal enterprise and the only way to win at it is think like a criminal. The firs thing to forget is all those numbers, sales, earnings etc. etc.

·
Registered
179 Posts
so true..

I've been day trading for the past 5 months.

a few months back Apple took a dive.. a real hard dive. 8 bucks or more. and.. the "bloomberg news" NEVER covered it throughout the day! not one word! I was shocked. Just goes to show what they WILL publicize and what isn't deemed to be : "news" .

a big shrewd game with the big boys as the only winners. the little guy gets the scraps. (like me).

you think I"m lying? look at AMD and it's numbers. it's a great stock with a bad rap. I lost a ton on that one!

and to comment on HDI . good stock . not a day trading extravaganza except on earnings calls.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It seems to me that HD has built in a lot of costs for its dealers. Those magificent buildings they tell their dealers to construct around the country are beautiful, but are pricey. John Deere put a lot of dealers out of business in the 1970s when they forced the dealers to build expensive new buildings that came with a large debt load that was much more costly than more modest environs. If HD slips a little bit, either because they have maxed out on potential HD owners or because energetic companies like Triumph and Victory increase their share of the market by building better-running bikes that cost less, I can foresee dealers going bankrupt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.