Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Our very own Sachi a published motorcycle celebrity! Nice going, congratulations!

Speaking of motorcycle celbrities, did I mention I just finished a beta test for Addmorelighting.com? Yeah, they asked me to do some heavy-lifting engineering work on their new LED light kit for the new Givi PLX-35 saddlebags. They were 80-85% there, nice kit, really. I made some suggestions regarding kitting the system out a bit better to save buyers trips to Radio Shack like I had to make. Oh gee, I'm just walking all over Sachi's moment here. Sorry, sorry there, old bean.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Our very own Sachi a published motorcycle celebrity! Nice going, congratulations!

Speaking of motorcycle celbrities, did I mention I just finished a beta test for Addmorelighting.com?
Hey cool! I like their stuff. I was out in the garage hooking up their lights for my Givis today.

And it's not *my* moment -- I just wanted to pass on a cool article about the Rounders. It's a great site, and if you think you'd fit in I encourage you to check it out!

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well the 30s is about as low as I've gone.

Anything less and I'm taking the car. You know how cold it gets here!
Yeah, you have to head for the hills in January or February to see anything like cold. Still, electrics are helpful in the winter! :D

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Freezing is about my limit unless the air is very dry, otherwise the moisture can form Black Ice. I know I've mentioned this before so I won't bore you however safety first, it's not about balls it's about coefficients of traction. I ride all year round myself but I'm not going to risk my life or bike damage to prove a point..

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Hey cool! I like their stuff. I was out in the garage hooking up their lights for my Givis today.

And it's not *my* moment -- I just wanted to pass on a cool article about the Rounders. It's a great site, and if you think you'd fit in I encourage you to check it out!
I was just dying to find some way to get my little Beta test adventure into the conversation!

I'll check out the site, but the idea of me "fitting in" anywhere does seem pretty ridiculous, don't you think?

KLAZY KEN SAYS ROUNDERS ROUNDUP COMING ROUND TO YOU!!! Nah, never work.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
I'm with you.

Freezing is about my limit unless the air is very dry, otherwise the moisture can form Black Ice. I know I've mentioned this before so I won't bore you however safety first, it's not about balls it's about coefficients of traction. I ride all year round myself but I'm not going to risk my life or bike damage to prove a point..
I have no problem with rebellion in general. I just avoid rebelling against the laws of physics.

There's a big difference between being adventuresome and outright stupidity. Riding when there's a chance of black ice falls in the latter category.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I ride all year round myself but I'm not going to risk my life or bike damage to prove a point..
No one is trying to prove that point. We just encourage people to ride when they can. I don't (or, well, I didn't) ride when there was ice or snow up in Seattle. Some of the Rounders do ride in snow, but they have bikes that are designed or modified to do it. My bikes aren't, so I would have parked it during those rare times. I did ride going below freezing, though, when it was dry.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Hell, if I didn't ride when it was below freszing, I'd only get in about 6 months of riding! The black ice problem is minimal here, but when there is a good chance of it, I take four wheels.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Hell, if I didn't ride when it was below freszing, I'd only get in about 6 months of riding! The black ice problem is minimal here, but when there is a good chance of it, I take four wheels.
I usually get around 7 months of decent riding... but not this year. I coulda spent much of the winter commuting on my snowmobile.

When are we going to get that global warming they keep talking about?

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Less than 55 or so, I'm taking the car!

Not really - I'm in the same camp as Snarli - Black Ice is my no-go consideration. 'Course, around here folks tend to leave their irrigation systems going year-round, and there are several that don't realize/care that they are watering down the road.

So, the odd day or two that it does get down to freezing, I usually pass on riding because of the temporary skating rinks on the way to work.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Sucks here too. It was six months between 70 degree days here. That is an all time record. We didn't get record snow, but most of the midwest did. This winter sucked bad. I'm hoping Al's delision of global warming will come true. That way Ken will be swimming to my beachfront house in Chicago. I might throw him a preserver. :)

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
There's really only a month or so total here where it's snow or black ice or flippin' monsoon where you just don't want to risk it. The rest of the time it's just rain which is nothing. Even then on the worst days you can just mullet-up and go for it if you have to, once you get down off the hill closer to Seattle the weathers milder. Snow is the only real stopper and that's usually not around for more than a few days once or twice a year. The last few years the summer's been up into the 90's and 100's for weeks at a time too. That was unheard of this side of the mountains, we used to have to go over to Eastern Washington and dodge rattlesnakes for that kind of heat.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.