Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
What more do you know Fenton? That is, there seems to be speculation on the website that she might've gone off somewhere alone? Or does it seem likely she went off a cliff and they can't find her?

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Maybe she's out looking for Husaberg parts...

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Melinda was a sales person at Santa Rosa Bmw. Now she is at Moto Meccanica in Santa Rosa(Ducati, triumph, Guzzi) As far as I know, she went missing on her way to school at 8:30am Monday the 19th.

From the people I have talked to, she left with out some thing that she would have taken had she planned not to return.

Personal speculation; possible hit and run that put her off the road and out of sight. Sorry for the black/white opinion. She doesn't seem like the type to just split on her fiance, job, friends and school.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi, guys,

There have been a few spreculative posts so far; a lot more information is available at links on the www.findbigred.com site, especially in the North Bay Sportriders forums (http://www.northbaysportriders.com/forums/index.php?act=portal). That will answer a lot of the questions. It's been a week, and the people up here are working really hard on it, so most of the conjecture has been addressed already.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Missing motorcyclists here in Phoenix AZ

I remember several years ago here in Phoenix AZ about a motorcyclist that went missing.

He was a sport rider and had been missing for months with no idea what happened or where he went. Some people thought he had skipped out and gone somewhere else.

Road workers found him long after he had crashed, don't remember if it was weeks or months later that he was found. He was on an off ramp from I-10 and left the road where there was no guard rail and him and the bike ended up under some brush hidden from the road.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Re: Missing motorcyclists here in Phoenix AZ

This really doesn't help in the search for Melinda, but I always give my wife a general idea of what roads I will be traveling, and a time frame. There may be some variation on the route taken, but at least 80 or 90 per cent of the possible roads can be eliminated should something happen. I also carry my cell phone, for whatever that's worth. Also, it's probably safer (and more fun) to ride with another person.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Wish I was closer and could help, it always touches home when something happens to a fellow rider and the fact that no one's found her must be devestating to friends and familly after this long.

My thoughts are with them.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Great ideas

Those are great ideas and I follow all of them.

Unfortunatly for this other guy he was dead on impact and hidden by the brush. People had in fact looked in this area and missed him and the bike which were just barely hidden by just enough brush to cover him and the bike so that no one could see him.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Most cell phone companies have the ability to determine an area where your cell phone is located. It can't tell you the exact address but as long is the cell phone is recieving a signal, which they all do when their power is on, it will show the tower where the signal is the strongest and you will get the general area where the phone/person is. I keep my phone on for this reason so that searchers can have a vague idea where I am even if I am unconscience. My prayers are with Big Red and her friends/families.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I went to all the URL's. She must have been someone special. I want to know who she was. MO, please do a pangyric, or eulegy or obituary about this person.

I ride alone, and at night often to clear my head. Please, I will check back. I want to learn about her. She must have been special.

·
Registered
458 Posts
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/09/29/MNGT4EVQLB5.DTL

An abalone diver found (and picked up) the helmet (he apparently did flag down another group of riders and ask if it was theirs, according to a posting on BARF, but they didn't think of it at the time either). When he heard about it on the news, he called the Sheriff's department, who searched the cliff-face (the motorcycle and her body were not visible from the road).

http://www.kfmb.com/stories/story.24736.html

Says "Apparent Sucide", but thats a natural conclusion with undamaged helmet left at the top of the cliff.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I rode by the spot last night on my way home from work...

I'm sorry to say there isn't any way a rider could go off in the direction she went by just going into the corner too hot or misjudging the line. This is about half a mile south of Blacks Point going south, there's a short straight going due west, you go over a cattle grate and then then the road wraps left around a point.

She just kept going straight off the end of the point towards the horizon. Whatever demons were haunting her, all you can say now is rest in peace.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.