Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"He doesn’t plan to keep the BMW he rode on the trip, though. "On the BMW, I want to go really fast and weave in and out of traffic," he says. He normally rides a more sedate Harley. "It’s much safer," he adds."

Please, this guy clearly knows nothing of riding.

·
Registered
15 Posts
While I like the challenge of covering a certain distance within a certain time, it's almost a waste to take such a trip and be in a hurry. One of the great aspects of riding is the unique sensory experiences you can't get in a car.

And I agree with the post above; that statement about the Harley being safer is dumb. I'm not a HD basher, the logic just doesn't hold up.

·
Registered
125 Posts
"Problems on the trip included numerous mechanical difficulties, including dead batteries due to his overuse of the bike’s electrical system early on, blowing out two iPods so that he did most of the trip without music, and assorted other difficulties."

No iPod? Oh how he must have suffered!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Ride it like it should be.

I think his statement isn't that the Harley is safer from a performance aspect, but that it is safer because when he rides it, he doesn't want to ride it like a maniac. Since the performance isn't there, he's not inclined to use it (the performance aspect, that is).

I recall Kenneth Moore saying something similar and getting slammed for it about a week or two back.

--The Fox

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Well - quibbles aside, he has all of us beat. At least he DID it...

BTW, Bob Woolridge/BMW - ATL - great group of folks. As Alton Brown said of Bob and the BMW ATL team - great people, great bikes, bad coffee!!

BMW/ATL in Marietta is the home shop for Alton Brown & Neal Boortz - assuming anyone cares for such useless pieces of info.

Doesn't someone need to chime in about BMW rear drive failures?

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Re: THIS IS A HIJACK

I'd like to hijack the thread for just a minute here, and point out thatthe article in the latest issue of Rider magazine about "great roads in Washington" is a total sham....Caca de Vaca.....not an ounce of truth to anyof it. Roads here are clogged with Winniwastos and grannies in Taurus's going 50 in the fast lanes with their blinkers on....

Thank you...

·
Registered
872 Posts
Re: Ride it like it should be.

Please sir, may I have another!

·
Registered
872 Posts

I'll second that. Yesterday I went on a 2 hour ride and only made it to the grocery store and back.

My rides in the 'twisties' are frequently sabotaged by logs rolling off trucks and sasquatches leaping from the trees. Don't bother.

·
Registered
872 Posts
All I can say, is I'm going to go buy me one of those safe Harley's.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Re: Ride it like it should be.

i think you hit it on the head.. unfortunately the troll hunters and the harley bashers on this forum aren't going to be able to see that perspective and will (wrongly) assume he meant that the harley is a safer bike then the bmw..

oh well.. some get it.. some don't.. we obviously understand what he's getting at.

·
Registered
5,019 Posts

"Caca de Vaca"

Awesome. I have to remember that one.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.