Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
Ok, due to the fact that so many people can not read sarcasm I will avoid it...

But I thought motorcycling was a "respected aspect of transportation" in England? What happened to that

I thought the Europe "took the proper safety steps"? Why are they introducing more?

I also remember being told when, I pointed out additional steps that Europe wants to introduce, that I "was wrong". Guess not.

So all of you safety whores and government lovers can take a moment and look at the world you live in and shut your f*cking mouths.

Especially all of you jackasses that voted for tiered licensing and helmet laws on the latest poll.

Once you set the wheels in motion it never stops.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
The report said: "We recommend that the government commission...research on the viability of introducing speed limiters on motorcycles in order to stimulate a sensible debate of the options."

Ohhhhh that's a good one! Sensible debate of the options! Ho Ho Ho HO! Classic!

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
Re: Tune

"I can't drive 55 because The Man only lets me go 45 and I am thankful for that and in fact I think I need to be restricted even more."

-Made a slight edit to your lyrics to match the forums mentality.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
And the real kicker is that

everyone rags the AMA for the helmet stance they take. They said for years that if you admit that everyone needs to wear a helmet, you are essentially admitting to the 'GOV' that motorcycles are inherently dangerous vehicles, and then the legislation will never end. Well, the AMA is right, and all the idiots that can't join the AMA because of their helmet stance are wrong. Roll cages and speed limiters are here. It's just a matter of time.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Things are getting pretty bad over there with gov'ment interferance and monitoring in almost every aspect of your life.

That's what they get for joining the EU. some Eurocrat in Brussels telling them when they can sh*t

·
Registered
138 Posts
You don't have cameras every km on major roadways anywhere else in Europe that I can think of other than the UK ... so unless I'm wrong, the UK is doing the decidin'.

How the ordinary citizenry can lay down and put up with being videotaped 24/7, I'll never know.

·
Registered
138 Posts
"Once you set the wheels in motion it never stops."

That's logically impossible, or none of us would have any freedom at all.

Laws get reversed (Bush has made an art form of it), new politicians get into power, public pressure changes laws, etc. If nothing ever changed for the better, women still wouldn't be able to vote, segregation would still exist, etc.

A more true statement is that public policy is similar to sailing. Sail downwind and you'll find yourself a long way away in a hurry. If that isn't where you wanted to be, it isn't that you CAN'T get back, just that you are going to spend a lot of time tacking back and forth to do it. The UK will recover from garbage like this, but the citizenry will have to get off their a$$es to do it.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
No, you must be mistaken; Government ALWAYS values the input of those affected by any new Law more than that of some Senator or Minister who will be wholly-unaffected by that Law they are attempting to shovel-in.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
It's all YouTube's fault.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Making a new law is like squeezing toothpaste out of the tube. Very easy. Getting it back into the tube is what getting a law removed is like. Very, very hard. The point is not to have them squeeze in the first place.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
It's The End of The World (as we know it!)

1 - 20 of 134 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.