Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Re: The USPS Time Machine Stamp

From the story:

"Three of the stamps feature digital illustrations of a 1918 Cleveland, 1940 Indian Four and a 1965 Harley-Davidson Electra-Glide that are modeled after motorcycles in existence today."

I'd like to see a stamp honoring the time machine they used to take modern motorcycles back to 1918, 1940, and 1965.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Re: The USPS Time Machine Stamp

I think what they're trying to say is that the artwork on the first three stamps was modeled after actual bikes, while the bike on the chopper stamp is just a digital creation meant to capture the spirit of 1970s choppers--a fictional character of sorts.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is there a Ma Teutul out there somewhere? I suppose it is possible the Teutuls were cultured in a petre dish in some secret psy-ops lab so they could drop the average IQ of the populace even further.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
They might be dropping the average IQ, but I bet they are raising the average yearly income by quite a bit. Can you imagine the coin those guys are bringing in? I wish my IQ was as low.

·
Registered
238 Posts
All I hear in my head is the REM Song "..it's the end of the world as we know it.." I really hope this chopper craze goes like Disco did in the 70's with a REVOLT. I'm tired of it.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No doubt that they're raking in some major coin. I was reading Chevy High Performance magazine last month and they had a piece on supercharging Vinnies Cadillac CTS V.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Re: Nelson from Simpsons

I know, I know. Those are the only stamps I have ever bpought as a collection piece. I have them framed on my desk. Very nice artwork.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.