Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Advice. But, he doesn't put enough emphasis on extra practice using your off-hand.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
To all foreigners:

The United States isn't really like this. Seriously.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Like any of you haven't had a fleeting thought along these lines... Mine usually stops at ball bearings in a paintball gun, but there are some good points made.

No, really.

Seriously.

~Rob

·
Registered
872 Posts
I can't believe anyone could be so brain-dead as to believe it's easier to shoot a car trying to ram you while riding a motorcycle than it is to get away.

However, I really wanted to shoot the dumb blond yuppy chick who backed into my parked bike with her Expedition and tried to drive away like she didn't notice.

Her note she wrote on a napkin(because a nearby samaritan blocked her way from driving off while his brother went and found me in the store) read "Sorry, your bike tipped over when I backed up. :)" With a smiley face, no kidding.

·
Registered
872 Posts
My old neighborhood just south of Canada in the foothills of the Cascades is just like this. Deliverance meets the Dukes of Hazard.

·
Registered
330 Posts
There's a lot of good advice in that article, but I have my own technique I got from a Clint Eastwood movie. I prefer short-fused sticks of dynamite that I light with a cigar clamped between my teeth. Generally I'll try to time it so the stick goes off as the car rolls over it, but occasionally it is more fun/sporting to get the stick into the passenger compartment if a window is rolled down. You can use grenades if you are a *****, but the dynamite sticks are more challenging, and the mark of a committed enthusiast.

·
Registered
195 Posts
So, later, who really had the smiley face?

I'd guess probably the insurance agent(s).

Couldn't you have at least tried to "lay 'er down"?

Lotsa room in an Expedition, so I've been told.

Please don't tell us that she scribbled on a sanitary napkin!

·
Registered
872 Posts
I left the store in time to catch her still writing the note, so I had her license and multiple witnesses. I was weak and stupid but it all worked out, she met me at the dealership and paid for fixing everything that was wrong with it. It probably would have been close to totaled if I had her insurance pay for it even though it was just dents, chips and scratches here and there. She knew she was getting a break. She was a single mom, you know, my heart strings were plucked. Or something. She's just lucky I didn't see her try to drive away while I had my newly cleaned anti-cager blaster clamped to my side!

·
Registered
872 Posts
You can't just shoot them all while not looking? You must use timed explosives?

Choices we must make while taking evasive action.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
This guy is an idiot. Anyone with any real knowledge would know that most of the cars on the road have aluminum radiators and engine blocks. A .44mag with AP ammo will easily penetrate into the engine block and disable the car very quickly.

Anyone with any sense is going to mount a babecage with rear firing .50 BMGs anyhow.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Most of us MSF instructors get some dry fire time on the range after class. It's a great way to hone your skills, especially during the cone weaves.

Of course Mr Rau may not approve of target practice from a motorcycle, since he obviously doesn't care for stunting either.

I haven't tried firing during a stoppie, but I'm working on it.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.