Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: HIGHWAYMAN TURNS DOWN LUCRATIVE MO OFFER

Johnny, were you hoping that by juxtaposing yourself to the Highwayman that you would appear to be rational? My guess is that the Highwayman turned down your offer because he feared that he would eventually be exposed for the podiatrist, dentist or whatever sort of yuppie come lately to motorcycling that he is. VWW

P.S. From now on why don't we just refer to him as the HighwayR.U.B.?

·
Registered
2,801 Posts

Oh do I love this site. Just the laugh I needed after last nights commute.

Anyone else in the SF area have to commute home in last nights "Storm?" Gotta love crossing the soaked bay bridge in 70mph gusting crosswinds and sheets of rain. Always fun having 900lbs of man and machine being blow 2ft in either direction. Must say though no leaks in the roadcrafter after an hour of that, best money I ever spent.

·
Registered
34 Posts

You make a good point, to be sure. I'm just wondering why he poses the question "If a Harley man could write, what would he say?" Does this mean most Harley men can't write? Have we been fooled these many years? And if so, who does their writing for them? Those business men at AMF? Those Italian dudes at Aermacchi? And why does he compare Harley men to dogs? Could he really be a dog that can write? And just what are "American motorcycling values and ideals" anyway? I'm confused....

·
Registered
157 Posts

JB, Were you communicating with the REAL Highway? I didn't see any reference to atrocity or atrociteurs. You may be dealing with an imposter.

·
Registered
17 Posts

The WayHighMan has spewed his idiotic trolls on this and several other internet based motorcycle discussions that I frequent. Like all trolls, the best responce is to ignore him.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts

I have him figured to be a nerdy little insurance actuary who lives with his mother and 16 cats ... someone who has never been on a bike because his mother wouldn't allow it, but who hides western paperback novels and Soldier of Fortune and biker magazines under his mattress to read late at night.

Sure can turn a phrase, though!

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
I think your probably right about the living in moms basement with 15 cats, but I doubt he has a job, probably " hurt his back " crushing cardboard box's at wal*mart and sucks off state industrial for the last few years, drives an '86 plymouth voyager with fake wood sides and peeling paint, and bathes infrequently 'cause mom don't want him using all the hot water, He decided to become a "harley biker" because the neighbor with the yamaha's don't give him respect, and said he should change the oil in his pants once in a while. The end result of a downward spiral that began years ago when Thelma-lou ran off with the stock boy at the Piggly-Wiggly instead of our lad................................................THE HIGHWAY MAN..................

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Rating System

I could never figure out your rating system there at MO. The Highwayman would go from Humerous to Idiotic Troll and back again every other day. Couldn't you guys make up your mind what he was? The guy posts this stuff all over the Internet, so I guess we already know. This guy could even give KPaul a run for annoying posts, but KPaul has the stamina to outlast him any day. The only readers at MO to be offered a job and get published "news reports" are The Highwayman and KPaul respectively. Sad but true!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I suspect that TH posts are actually intended as criticism of the "ideals and values of American motorcycling" and if not as direct criticism then as ridiculing caricature. Certainly, his overblown postings are always amusing.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I can't believe the crap that you guys are posting lately. I care as much about this mysterious "Highwayman" person as I do the opinions of of "KPaul whoever" about the future of the V Twin in GP. Is this what I have to look forward to as a subscriber? BFD!!!!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Is it the article that is stupid, or the person who wastes their time posting "This is a stupid article"? Hang in there we'll have a 600cc shootout for you, in another two or three months.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.