Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They are steet legal. 50cc motorized bicycles. The most fun you can have on two skinny wheels. Be the first on your block to own one of these marvels of mahem. 30 plus MPH, over 100 mpg. Order one now, avoid the Christmas rush. Prices start at $500.00. USD FOB Los Angeles.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Very cool. I wish I had a practical rationale for one. Now, if they looked a little more like a turn-of-the-century motorcycle... I might just ante up. Have you ever done one up that way? You know, brass headlamp, straight top tube with underslung tank, etc?

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Oh, and could you post some profile shots? Thanks.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those bikes are crap

Schwinn Bikes - Bike Detail

That ones even better... Springer front suspension!
I tried to go for the 1950's Whizzer look, the black one is based on a Huffy Cranbrook Cruiser, 50 lbs, 35 mph.

The red one is based on a Diamondback Delacruiser, aluminum frame, 40 mph, weighs around 40 lbs.

Both have girder phorks, and are legal plated motorized bicycles. You don't need a license or insurance, just a bicycle helmet. The perfect post DUI license removal vehicle.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep. I be buildin' 'em.

Are you making these things Cuddy?

They look like fun. I'd put one in my garage.
I use to ride these two more than my "real" motorcycles when I had legs.

So far I've built around 7 of 'em, mostly for the SCTA crowd at El Mirage & Bonneville. Great pit bikes.

They range from around $500.00 for the basic model, to over a grand for the delux-0-matic.

These two for sale have been hopped up to 80cc's with bigger carbs and gutted exhaust systems, but still real quiet, like a mouse farting.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
I use to ride these two more than my "real" motorcycles when I had legs.

So far I've built around 7 of 'em, mostly for the SCTA crowd at El Mirage & Bonneville. Great pit bikes.

They range from around $500.00 for the basic model, to over a grand for the delux-0-matic.

These two for sale have been hopped up to 80cc's with bigger carbs and gutted exhaust systems, but still real quiet, like a mouse farting.
You offer test rides? ;-) I think I gotta have one.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You offer test rides? ;-) I think I gotta have one.
Yep, once you ride one, you'll be hooked. I live in Burbank, or as the Amenians would like to call it, Burbankian.

C'mon by, we'll set you up on the Delacruser, scary fast for a bicycle, can keep up with traffic...

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
Yep, once you ride one, you'll be hooked. I live in Burbank, or as the Amenians would like to call it, Burbankian.

C'mon by, we'll set you up on the Delacruser, scary fast for a bicycle, can keep up with traffic...
They seem perfect for the beach. I've got a beach cruiser but I live up a steep hill and pedaling a single speed bike is impossible.

:cool: I just need to rig up a beach towel holder!

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They seem perfect for the beach. I've got a beach cruiser but I live up a steep hill and pedaling a single speed bike is impossible.

:cool: I just need to rig up a beach towel holder!
Yeh, I use to take the black one from Santa Monica to Torrance Beach on the bike path, fun fun fun...when I'd see a cop, just pull in the clutch and kill the motor, instant bicycle again...

Was also way cool at Balboa-newport...all the stoners would get a kick out of 'em...",,,wha wuz dat!?!"

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Oh believe me i agree. I have an original Stingray somewhere that was my dads, beautiful bike.

How hard is it to build one of those? I was thinking about making one with a 5hp go kart engine but i think i have an old honda 50cc mini bike engine somewhere....

I tried to go for the 1950's Whizzer look, the black one is based on a Huffy Cranbrook Cruiser, 50 lbs, 35 mph.

The red one is based on a Diamondback Delacruiser, aluminum frame, 40 mph, weighs around 40 lbs.

Both have girder phorks, and are legal plated motorized bicycles. You don't need a license or insurance, just a bicycle helmet. The perfect post DUI license removal vehicle.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow, those R Kewl...

Ace replica.

Is that a Briggs & Stratton?
Yes, that's a Briggs, but to go through all that work, I would have used a pre-1953 Briggs made from cast iron, got rid of the cooling shroud, since the cast iron ones looked way better (if you're going for the antique look).

That or an old Wisconsin that has the jug bolted to the crankcase, and a Wico mag sticking out of the front.

Neat looking anyway.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.