Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The slogan isn't lame, just blah. What's lame, and what would be laughable if it wasn't depressing, is that someone thinks that the market for Harley clones is still viable. If Titan, by far the most prominent and well-respected of the clone makers, couldn't survive, I don't see how anyone else is going to come close.

If you want a Harley, buy a Harley. If you want a handbuilt American-boulevardier custom bike to ride three miles to a bar, either pay the tattoed welding artists one town over to build you one (if you're a fat-wallet mofo), or else get a Drag Specialties catalog and do it yourself, like the good ol' days.

Oh, and as if their pompous language mangling wasn't bad enough, they spelled "exquisite" wrong on their site, too.

·
Registered
214 Posts
The stoopid part isn't the lame slogan, it's the fact that they think it's entitled to legal protection.

Next thing you know they'll sue Raytheon for making Patriot missiles.

By the way, what do you call a thousand lawyers at the bottom of the sea? An excellent start.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hey, I'm a lawyer. Because of your joke, we now all have to learn to swim when we go to law school. They're afraid of getting sued if someone goes through with your plan.

"Rigid Fury" *snicker* Shall we just start rattling off the tasteless jookes that come with that one? My mom rides an 883, but I think I'd hang my head in shame if she went around talking about riding a "Rigid Fury."

·
Registered
5 Posts
The subject line says it all. Grow up MO. Who cares about patented exhaust sounds or slogans? Lets post and discuss worthwhile topics like, how pissed off was Biaggi when he couldn't make that .013 second slingshot past Rossi to beat him in Austrailia. That guy made a hell of an effort in that race. Roberts just blew it out his ass the last part of the season. Rossi definently deserved the title. Kudos to all of the guys.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Re: Performance First

And they won't make the CBR900RR a 1000 because a 900 is "fundamentally better". Someday, after it's too late, Mr. Babba may come around and realize the rules have changed. Maybe they should make the 954RR, or whatever it is now, into an 1100 so they can take advantage of the last four years of being compared directly with the 1000cc bikes - but gain the displacement advantage on the other side of 1000. Then they would be free to make the CBR1100XX into an 1800cc turbo (the turbo coming from the new Honda PWC) and lay waste to anyone's claims of fastest bike. Don't forget to make the 185mph restrictor defeat a "one wire snip event" for the general public. And put a 300mph speedo on it just to make sure Suzuki closes up shop for good.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Yes it is lame, and

they base their bikes on a Harley Davidson drive shaft? What a moron. He can't even remember to say drive TRAIN, since a Harley drive shaft is a part that only exists on XA's from WWII--"Ride To Freedom" is the kind of lameness we will get from companies run by people who don't know anything about, or care anything about motorcycles.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.