Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
The list sounds right.. I had 2 very close calls with women chating on the cell phone in SUVs.. I never had a close call on my bike with a male driver. Could it be men notice vechicle types better? i.e think motorcycles and fast cars are cool etc.. whereas women think like your mom that we are nuts.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Yep on my 100 mile ride this weekend.. The only folks who didn't wave back (I always wave first) were Harley riders...

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Hey I never slam the GPTB I just make accurate observations about them.. :) Just kidding, you make a great point

·
Registered
97 Posts
Things that kill motorcyclists

It's not that cell-phone chatting drivers are "irksome" so much as they are life threatening.

I can't count the number of times I've almost been nailed by a cell-phone talking driver that doesn't perform a head check or, even worse, doesn't even look before turning because their cell-phone is in the way.

Having my life threatened never fails to bring out my homicidal urges.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
The last thing I want is a Vulcan. I mean, who wants their every decision second-guessed by one of those pointy-eared snobs? Always making with an arched eyebrow and complaining about how illogical it all is.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My #1 irritant is getting stuck behind a slowpoke on an entrance ramp. I encounter this almost daily. I wonder why more people don't try to match the speed of traffic before they get to the end of the ramp.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Cager's are mostl likely pissed about lane-splitting because they have to sit in traffic while motorcyclists actually get where they're going in a timely matter. Jealousy does a good job of making people bitter.

Now if they would just allow lane-splitting here in Indiana. . .

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
DT1 riders who mix Torco at 12 to1.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Yep. I've gotten cigarettes flicked at me, arms casually dropped out, and even the occasional door open... and I'm splitting at a very rational speed. I guess drivers forget they have A/C, music, drink holders, DVD players, etc. while they wait in the big as guzzlers, while we're exposed to the elements and just trying to get past the 4-wheel nightmare.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.