Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
About all you can do here is start an "impeach the judges" movement.

Not a bad idea really. Too many judges out there who think the law is merely an appendage of their personal political/social opinions.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
"Too many judges out there who think the law is merely an appendage of their personal political/social opinions."

Like, almost all of them.

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
I go "what" when I open MO and all the news topics appear to have been clicked on. You know the color has changed.

So I call into work yesterday and ask, "who the F%&K was in my office this afternoon"

Now I need to find out who was in my house last night cause I guess I alread clicked on this topic.

·
Registered
94 Posts
It is kind of weird that W. Va's negligent homicide statute requires proof of "reckless disregard." In Colorado, she would probably have been charged with careless driving resulting in death, which doesn't require such a high showing of intent. It sounds as if its the W.Va. legislature that needs to fix their statutory scheme, not the Court that screwed up.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
I always said, if you want to off somebody do it with a car. If you use a gun you go to jail, use the car and it's a big oops. Honey, could you check under the car, I think I hear a funny noise. Ooooops!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Correct! To be picky: "negligent: is a perfect term for this case, since she *neglected* to pay attention. A word like negligent does not imply malicious intent or recklessness, simply that one failed to do something that should be done (in this case, watch the road and pay attention). If you define negligent as "reckless" then you set a higher bar.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I've never heard about a "KKK" connection for him and would be surprised if that turned out to be true.

He is a visionary though. He NAILED Iraq on the eve of War. His words Still ring truer then almost anything else uttered these days by the mainstream media, when they can drag themselves away from important pop-culture BS that is.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
I'd say inattentiveness would constitute reckless disregard when the inattentiveness resulted in two deaths. it seems the State agreed. However it appears W.Va. has the same problem we do on the West coast with the 9th district court of appeals in 'Frisco. Any case from Washington, Oregon and California that goes up for review goes to them and they have to be the most ultra left wing liberal "criminal as victim of society" anti death penalty favoring retards going. They've overturned more legitimate convictions and cost our state more money in having to refile charges then god knows who.

They're the assholes who decided we couldn't hang Micheal Rupe because he stuffed himself so fat at the tax payers cost that hanging him would pop his head off. Since hanging was the default option if the criminal didn't choose lethel injection, and the state couldn't force a person to chose his ticket to hell the state wound up supporting the fat ****sucker untill he died.

It's enough to make a dog puke.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
It's a bloodbath on our highways, who's gonna notice a few "extras"?

If you're operating a vehicle on a highway it is common knowledge that extended inattention will likely cause death and/or serious injury, for yourself or others. How a distraction resulting in an accident isn't considered assault with a deadly weapon is beyond me. You want to not pay attention? Do so on the couch!

In a certain way I look at it like gunplay with guns known to be loaded and here me, on a bike, not even having a knife...

It is clear to me that my life, as a Motorcyclist, is not highly valued in our culture. With that knowledge I reserve the Right to self-defense in taking actions I consider appropriate at the moment. Florida has some funny new laws that help level the playing field.

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
"with a ***** by my side. Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds."

-Senator Robert Byrd 1945

Jesus. It is amazing that you can get elected with a quote like that hanging around.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Other interesting factoids

Believe it or not it was the Demos who fought to retain slavery, denied blacks voting rights for a century and fought tooth and nail to defeat the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

I actually meet people who think it was the Pubbies who held blacks down all that time. That's the first clue that someone is a complete idiot.

The Demos just changed chains for checks, but the intent is the same. An enslaved class of guaranteed voters.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.