Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there. I've got a Suzuki TC100. Has original tank paint and decal but has some rust spots. Doesn't run. needs carb. and clutch work. also needs a new rear tire. otherwise I think this bike would up and go. I did have it running last year but had problems with idling. As Is what would you guys on here think its worth? I'm needing cash and need it gone. I've had, in my opinion, low ball offers of around 250 cash. I've seen "restored" bikes of the same year and model sell for 1200-1500. Would 600-800 be about right?

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
My '71 'zuki 8 speed in primo shape sold for five hundred bucks. The little bike puts out major HP for its size. In fact, the port timing was so close to that of a race bike people with DKW's used the aftermarket expansion chamber for a Suzuki 90 & 100. Keep it and fix it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol I just got your location. thought it was a typo. well If I got offered 500 I'd sell it. but otherwise I'll hang onto cause parts are almost impossible to find. and the bike is almost all complete and stock. My problem is the motor blows the fuel/air mixture out of the case instead of sucking it into the chamber. any thoughts?

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Bad crank seal or a cracked rotary valve (fiber valve). Probably the rotary valve is cracked, since when the crankcase is supposed to hold pressure to squirt the gas/air/oil mix through the transfer ports, it blows it out of the carb instead. Call salvage shops, the bike was very popular, and you can most likely get a whole motor for around fifty bucks.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
The rotary valve goes between the carb and the intake port to control the intake charge timing. It's just a flat disk with a cutout section. If it's cracked then it's junk.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.