Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The "big news" story here in South Florida this week is about a deputy who was shot during a traffic stop. What's the big deal? The guy who shot him was riding a motorcycle. Practically every other word is "motorcycle," "motorcyclist" blah blah blah. Here's a real quote: "The motorcyclist dismounted the motorcycle and fled into nearby Hollywood."

If they had substituted a racial or religious reference, I'm sure people would be going crazy. "The Jewish man stepped out of his Jewish-owned car, turned and fired." This is in the paper, on the radio, and on tee-vee.

Here's the link, check it out and tell me if I'm wrong:

Suspect in Broward detective shooting charged with attempted murder -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
I'm a gun collector. Your frustration isn't even close to mine. Sorry. When the reports start with "Only criminals use motorcycles" and "We need to ban motorcycles to save the children" than I will welcome you into my world.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
What's new? It's the way the media treat EVERYBODY. Stereotypes and generalizations. I used to think it was because reporters and editors are evil but I've come to realize that they are usually just plain stupid and bigoted, having had the misfortune to deal with a few.

The stories are usually written before they leave the office and they mainly seek info that supports their foregone conclusions.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
They said he tried to hijack an SUV too, pro'lly waited for a blinged up Escalade to drive by, that's how they caught him.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nekked Wimmin!

I'm in S Florida right now. How the hell can you stand the heat here?

At least the girls on Ft Lauderdale beach aren't wearing much. :cool:
Try Haulover Beach between FTL and Miami. They aren't wearing anything at all there. Or go to South Beach where it's fashion models with a thong. WOO WOO!

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ratings Roll on Wheels of Chrome

"We need to ban motorcycles to save the children".
I swear every journalist in the country attended a seminar sometime this year with break out sessions like:

"Motorcyclists - The New Crack!

"Making the Share Numbers: How Exploiting Motorcycling Can Set New Highs"

"50 Favorite Catchphrases for Evil Motorcycles"

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
I swear every journalist in the country attended a seminar sometime this year with break out sessions like:

"Motorcyclists - The New Crack!

"Making the Share Numbers: How Exploiting Motorcycling Can Set New Highs"

"50 Favorite Catchphrases for Evil Motorcycles"
"Never let theFACTS get in the way of a good Story!"

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm out here schmoozing with clients so I don't know if I'll have much beach time. :-(
Well, in case you want to schmooze with a local I'll send you my phone # via private message. Given your MO status you may qualify for a free ride on the amazing '77 Low Rider. It's great fun on A1A with the drag pipes and all.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.