Motorcycle Forums banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts
No matter what it is, Harley's marketing department will insist on claiming that it's a break-through in motorcycle technology - it will probably have tubeless tires.

All kidding aside...

While the XB patform is too small, that doesn't necessarily mean that the concept can't be reworked and applied to a sport tourer. Lengthening the Buell frame would add comfort and more space for fuel, while it's inherent stiffness would make for good handling characteristic. But then, I'm the guy who thought that Buell should build a curiser.

Re: Here's a pic of the proto being tested off road

I took a close look at the image in Photoshop; it could be a mpontage. Shouldn't there more knobs showing on the main tires, and why aren't there any knobs on the side tire? hmmmm.

My idea of acceptable riding weather...

... is temps between 68 and 82F, during the hours of daylight, on bone-dry roads. I'm such a weenie!

Also, I live only 11 miles from where I work.

At this rate, I'll wear out this Buell somewhere near year 2024...

Re: All kidding aside...

According to a guy thats posts as Anonymous at the Bad Web (rumor is it is Erik himself), there are going to be two new models this year. My bet is the Sport Tourer and the DP.

Buell XB9SX

Claimed Dry-Weight 390 lb

Wheelbase 52 "

R1200GS

Claimed Dry-weight 438 lb

Wheelbase 63.4

Seems like the XB has room for a longer swingarm (with chain-drive or encased belt?) and longer fork, and still keep the thing pretty compact and not too horribly heavy...

I've always thought a Sportster-motor scrambler would be cool.. Maybe this is it.

But in reality, I suspect the Blast-derived dual-sport would make more corporate/marketing sense. Too bad. It just seems so ... normal.

Vrod superbike and they plan to enter AMA racing? OH PLEASE!

Buell owner

Just bought an xb12s and average about 150km's a day as a commuter. Great for that, and the twisty bits between my house and office are a lot more fun.

Did a quick 950km trip last sunday and the only problem was my tire (stock D207) virtually disentegrated with 3700k on it. I did 2 provinces, one state, 2 border crossings, and 5 gas stops, numerous photo stops as I went through Logan's pass and I still averaged 80km/hour (50mph).

Lots of fun, and reasonably comfy for 6'3" on a 3/4 size bike.

OK, so I talked to Eric Buell yesterday during the MotoGP, he wasn't giving many hints but he sure seemed like the cat that swallowed the canary, joking with me that I ought to sell my Multistrada while it was still worth something.

My guesses...

A) definitely 17" wheels

B) more like a supermotard than a Vstrom or Multistrada

I hope it has a chain and not a belt. Belts don't last very long in the gravel.

I'll probably buy a GS Adv if a 1200 comes out next year; a normal GS otherwise. I'd love it if there was more competition and choices in that segment, but I'm not optimistic about the Buell. I'm with the Strada crowd -- I think it will be a sporty/all-roady type of fun bike, but maybe not set up for touring thru the Andes.

blast-tard?

I concur. Something like that might convince me to buy American next time. I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

41 - 60 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.