Motorcycle Forums banner

Those Buell people are up to something...

17K views 60 replies 40 participants last post by  wilderness_crier 
#1 ·
Owning a Buell is always an "adventure" !

#5 ·
Something in the Multistrada area, I'll betcha. Buell are clever lads, it could be big fun.

(Mini 1-year report on my XB12S: a honking good ride, dead reliable, perfect snotty attitude, tough as an old boot, and always willing to go play, like a slightly hyper-active puppy-dog.)

#7 ·
The tease is up and if you look at the rate of speed the thing is carrying my guess is a xb9 base supermoto. They say own ALL the corners. They didn't say own all the corners "comfortablely".

#13 ·
Maybe it's called the "Discovery".

Note the home page picture is a Lightning with headlight guards.

If it is a DP, I hope they put a little longer swingarm on it. The way my buddy's XB12 runs, the speedometer keeps trying to smack him in the face.

Myself, I'm still waiting for Triumph to come out with the bike that was in Mission Impossible. You know, the Daytona with knobbies. Or the Speed Triple with knobbies, for that matter.

#16 ·
Some of what....

....was rumored earlier in the year involved the fact that the Blast is in much need of a remake. It would make sense to bore out the little 500 and put it in a dual-sport. But instead of following the traditional design of my DR650 or a KLR, the thought was it would have a bit of a supermotard look to it.

I might be interested if they actually go this route. We'll see.

#18 ·
Unless they came up with a more compact engine I can't really see a big trailie in the mix, It's still a Sportster based engine.

My vote goes to a Sport tourer like the S3T Thunderbolt using the XB architecture. A bike like that would plug a hole in Buell's and Harley's line-up.

#21 ·
I put in my two cents worth a while a go with the idea of a xb based supermoto. But with the talk happening here I figured I go one more. What about a bored out blast (650cc) with FI in the supermoto trim??????????????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.