Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
" British Superbike Championship Gets 55 Hours Of Live TV Coverage for a total of 250 jours In 2009, Television coverage of the British Superbike Championship (BSB) across the British Eurosport and ITV networks in the UK will exceed a staggering 250-hours of total broadcast time in 2009. " I bet they get more viewers cause the rules are more fair than AMA Daytona Sportbike rules. Read More

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Now if America could get a channel to invest in programming we'd be as happy as those Brits.

Hey Kevin- MOTV.com. Annual memebership would be worth $50 to me to see live or podcast racing. Oh wait, I'm still poor- $35. I bet some clever advertising could net you 100k viewers per race weekend. Between the dues and your average cross advertising with banner ads you could pull it off. Scew Speed. Call Turner Sports and let them capture the feed and edit the podcast. My wife works at Turner Studios as an engineer. Bet I could get the primary meeting set up.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
"I bet some clever advertising could net you 100k viewers per race weekend...."

Baaaahaaahaaaa! Oh that's funny! AMA racing couldn't draw 100,000 flies if they raced the bikes caked with shyt! Not as long as Mladin is around f*cking things up. They can't even get 2000 people to show up to a race, and you can get 100 grand to watch the boredom on TV? Maybe they should market it as a cure of insomnia! I think you should meet with the TV people so they can die laughing! You are kidding Ace, right?? Face it man, motorcycle road racing in America sucks. I can list the reasons, but I think you already know why. They screwed the pooch years ago, and it may never recover. I know you like it, but Speed gets more viewers interviewing Jeff Gordon's crew chief than they get at the biggest MC race in the US. Sad is what it is.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
"I bet some clever advertising could net you 100k viewers per race weekend...."

Baaaahaaahaaaa! Oh that's funny! AMA racing couldn't draw 100,000 flies if they raced the bikes caked with shyt! Not as long as Mladin is around f*cking things up. They can't even get 2000 people to show up to a race, and you can get 100 grand to watch the boredom on TV? Maybe they should market it as a cure of insomnia! I think you should meet with the TV people so they can die laughing! You are kidding Ace, right?? Face it man, motorcycle road racing in America sucks. I can list the reasons, but I think you already know why. They screwed the pooch years ago, and it may never recover. I know you like it, but Speed gets more viewers interviewing Jeff Gordon's crew chief than they get at the biggest MC race in the US. Sad is what it is.
No- not just AMA. I'm talking ALL pro roadracing. WSBK, GP, BSB, AMA, All TT races, Endurance- ALLLLLL racing
If you program all of the major players you'd have viewers.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Hmm a subscription, like Dorna's, from the comfort of my home I think it would start slow and grow fairly well. This is the US after all so your market is really only this big, holds hands close together. Spread out over a country this big, holds hands far apart. The web will bring them together, aren't you glad Al invented it?

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
Hmm a subscription, like Dorna's, from the comfort of my home I think it would start slow and grow fairly well. This is the US after all so your market is really only this big, holds hands close together. Spread out over a country this big, holds hands far apart. The web will bring them together, aren't you glad Al invented it?
Imagine where the world would be today without him...........

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
"If you program all of the major players you'd have viewers."

First problem with that is it's gonna cost ya big time. GP and WSBK ain't gonna give their product away. If you program them all, you have to pay them all, and you will never recoup the outlay with the limited fan base here. NASCAR programming has one outlay and a huge fan base. It's a gold mine.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Wow!

No- not just AMA. I'm talking ALL pro roadracing. WSBK, GP, BSB, AMA, All TT races, Endurance- ALLLLLL racing
That's an amazing idea. simply stunning.

Ummmmm... what are you smoking Ace?

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Throw in MX, World enduro, GNCC, WORCS, Trials and flattrack, and I'll pay, too.

You just may be on to something, there, Ace!

In fact, how about air racing, aerobatics, Red Bull Air Race (look it up!), boat racing, hell everything but NASCAR!

Wait, that was the OLD Speed, wasn't it?

·
Banned
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Agree pplasm I loved the old Speed with Two Wheeled Tuesday, boat races, sport car races, snowmobile races, jet ski races, generally all those races where the rider/driver was allowed to turn right.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Throw in MX, World enduro, GNCC, WORCS, Trials and flattrack, and I'll pay, too.

You just may be on to something, there, Ace!

In fact, how about air racing, aerobatics, Red Bull Air Race (look it up!), boat racing, hell everything but NASCAR!

Wait, that was the OLD Speed, wasn't it?
You boys think the Old Speed was making money hand over fist and just cancelled all that programming because they love NASCAR?

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
You boys think the Old Speed was making money hand over fist and just cancelled all that programming because they love NASCAR?
They did Buz. Speed cancelled all that money programming for CRAPCAR which makes them no money at all! I think these 5 motorcycle racing nuts on this site may have a slightly skewed view of the potential of making money on motorcycle programming. Speed isn't personally involved. I loved the Two Wheel Tuesday programming they had, and those are gone now. At least I am smart enough to figure out why.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,719 Posts
They don't even have Michelle Smith on J&P Cycles Aftermarket Hour....er...I mean American Thunder anymore.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.