Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
darnit

I really wanted the Honda to win, I like that bike----if I had the scratch, it would be my second sportbike along with the R1. The Aprilia must be some kind of machine, too bad it's looks are a bit lacking......there's some flame bait if I've ever seen it......LOL

·
Registered
29 Posts
If this Priller is that dominant, I can't wait to see what the 2004 model does to the competition. Too bad it wasn't ready for '03. Does anyone have spy pics or anything on the supposedly radically new '04 Mille?

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Nice story about two obsolete bikes.

Kind of a last hurah don't you think for Twins. News flash 2004[*] Honda introduces the 1000 RR V-5 [*]Aprilia introduces the Aprilia Trio 1000 cc Triple . [*] Both will compete head to head in the MotoGP-Prod class (formly known as WSB before the merger) and the AMA Superbike class. [*]Roger Lee Hayden will ride the Honda [*]Eric Bostrom will ride the Aprilia after being snubbed by Kawasaki MotoGPllast year in favor of Andrew Pitt

·
Registered
179 Posts
too bad.. I was just getting ready to put the $$ down to upgrade the suspension on my '02 rc51.. now I'm REALLY gonna wait for the V5 Honda and just be satisfied with the way it is right now. ditto on the looks of the Aprillia.. fugly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have to agree with some of the other comments. The large pictures are G.R.E.A.T

It is a bit sad about the twins. I just bought an '01 TLR and I love everything about it. We'll wait and see what the V5 is like eh? If it sounds anything like the MotoGP bike it'll be great.

PS: if you haven't seen or should I say heard the V5 in person you are missing big time. I went to Phillip Island in Australia two weeks ago and was suprised to find that Barry Sheen's comment that they sounded like a "Volkswagen on steroids" was a little of the mark.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The aprilia is a little more graphic than most of its Italian siblings, a bit japanese in the respect. The shape however is among the very best looking bikes around. Just ditch the titanic muffler!

My dad has one with an acropovik exhaust, which i've ridden on street and track. I'm not convinced it's the fastest lapper, but it is the funnest bike i've ever ridden.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Hold your Horses

I would have to say the Aprilia Mille R was ugly, until I saw one go by me on the road 2 weeks back. I followed the bike for a while. It sure is pretty. Probably like the Ducati is ugly in pictures, it's quite beautiful in person. I guess you gotta be there...

I almost want an Aprilia.

I'm glad yall have these big pictures!!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Just last night I visited Dan's site thinking about some Ohlins for the 51. What a strange surprise to find your story on my desktop this morning. JB, your not tapping readers minds are you?

I still think the 51 looks better than the Mille (in pix as well as in person). Having said that, the 999 tops them all in the styling department.

I'm looking forward to the 999 piece.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I enjoyed the story. It kinda made me miss my RC. I am one of those twin nuts and owned both a '00 RC and an '01 RSVR. I had to sell one when I got married. I debated and debated. The Rc rocked, and I still can't get used to the 'Prilla, with many mods to both, I wound up selling the Honda. What can I say. I love my RSVR even though I still am sorting out the suspension for my 6'3" 220Lbs. frame. Any suggestions on suspension settings! Great Mag!

·
Registered
35 Posts
As a dyed in the wool Honda fan, I must say I'm surprised by this result... Interesting, though.

That said (with no element of sour grapes), I can say that the Aprillia is way uglier than any bike with its nationality and price point should be allowed to be. Maybe if it was a solid color?

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.