Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Why has kpaul's spelling improved?

Hey Pete if you get the latest version of Firefox browser it has a spell checker. And you guys thought kpaul did it all on his own... :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
YES

With the power of the manufacturers to squeeze as much HP out of every last cubic inch of displacement, I say bring out the cooler little bikes. Take a look at Hyosung/UM's little 250 race rep--tre bella!

It's not the SIZE of your bike that matters, It's HOW you ride it.

Err, I guess that could be an argument for either side of this poll.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
click here to vote

I'll make it easier on you with this link even though I think you are wrong :) click here to vote

·
Registered
330 Posts
It's for the children. If only one life can be saved. That's how they do it in Europe. All those youngsters crashing makes the rest us look bad. If we don't do it to ourselves first, then the government will do it anyway. blah blah blah

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
See my click here to vote post..

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Should I bring up the blue/red state thing? Fox/CBS thing? O Reilly/Scarborough? (joe.msnbc.com my hero) Better not I promised Gabe. But I bet blue staters will go for tiered

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Can't you get into this page and modify it with a link to the poll or did they not give you the power?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I don't know if it would make a difference or not with regards to fatalities, but it might allow rider's to enjoy it without getting scared out of it. I have seen a lot of guys who have gone out and purchased bikes that proved to be too much for their skills, and they have just moved on. Is it possible they might have stayed within the fold if they had started out differently, I am unsure, but it certainly makes me think.

I do believe it would be neat if we could get the cool, high revving small bikes like they have in Japan. I had a buddy bring over a ZZR400, or something like that from Japan a few years ago, and that thing was sweet.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My problem with a tiered system is that engine displacement has very little to do with power output these days. I learned to ride on an 800cc Bonneville that was an absolute pussycat. Same with my buddy's 750 Nighthawk that he got started on. Niether one of us dropped them and we both kept them for at least two years where I wouldn't have made it through the summer on a 250 without "outgrowing" the bike.

On the other hand, modern 600cc sportbikes have way more power than anyone can use on the street and, under most proposed systems, would be available to intermediate riders years before the two starter bikes I mentioned. Not to mention that saying X bike is too much to handle for Y person is the first step to outlawing high performance bikes altogether.

I say require the MSF course for all riders and institute real driver training for all cagers. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a car turning left into the path of a bike still the number 1 way the us motorcyclists buy the farm? I don't think being on a 125 is gonna help there.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Of course we need a government mandated training program for motorcycling, and every other activity that might be construed as dangerous by those who rule us should require training as well. Hey! you never know when that unproperly tied shoelace might cause a serious injury.

Warning labels on just about every product made are now ubiquitous, although I did notice that a new bowling ball lacks the label warning an unwary user that dropping said ball on foot may cause injury.

I'll be writing my congressman post haste.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.