·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lay 'er down!

·
Registered
323 Posts
"I love riding the bikes. It's a constant conflict with me; 'Is it worth the risk?'"

I would say the answer for him is no. If I had that much anxiety regarding motorcycling, it wouldn't be for me either.

Crashing is not something most people do intentionally. And how you crash is probably not something you can control anyway.

So rather than learning how to crash, it would probably be better to learn how to avoid crashing (i.e. training), and ATGATT.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Jeez. Some guy decides he likes bikes, but has some issues with it, and the reaction is to discourage the guy. Sheeesh.

Decades of successful public awareness? Ohahahahahahaha! In which universe?

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Silly Tool Man! Don't you know V-Twins are Obsolete, and Harley's Stock is in the toilet? You should buy a Desmocidici and a Gixxer Thou - much safer bikes anyway (so sez the GMP).

Hell, I k'spect Harley to kfold any second now - the knews is probably wending its way across the wire as I type this.

And stop listening to '80s Hairbands like RATT before riding; they weren't singing about Motos when they said "Lay it Down; lay it Down..........."

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
"Allen admits his brother's accident often makes him think twice about getting on a motorbike: "I love riding the bikes. It's a constant conflict with me; 'Is it worth the risk?'"

Kind of like asking how much is that Ferrari. If ya have to ask.................

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Saw Tim on Leno the other night and he made mention that he was riding his bike around LA. I for one would certainly discourage him from riding in banzi land prior to getting a clue about that stupid crashing to save oneself idea. Can you imagine what kind of negative publicity our pastime would get after Tim layederdown on the 405 fwy for "safety" reasons, and was subsequently run over by a dozen suvs and eighteen wheelers?

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
No Tim, it's not worth the risk......................

...to us of another high profile "biker" getting clipped and have the sheep start bleating about murdercycles in the Star, Enquierer and Poeple again like with that Busey guy.

Please take up another hobby Tim, really.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Read "Experts" as "Trained Stunt Men" whose Job is sometimes to "Lay 'R Down" for at the request of a clueless Director to further the plot in inane, "real to life" movies like....... Wild Hogs...........

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.