Motorcycle Forums banner

Tire Plug Update!

14K views 46 replies 23 participants last post by  feldguy2002 
#1 ·
Nah, nah, NAH! - you actually *died* the instant you plugged that tire, - this is just your ghost's imagination lying to your mind that you survived and proceeded forward in time. Your clock was actually punched Friday, at 3:13:26CDT, according to our records................

#3 ·
Clintonista!

#4 ·
;^D

#5 ·
A Bush lover would go buy a very expensive tire on his already maxed out credit card or equity line of credit. He would then make min. payments on his credit cards till he swindled another retired person of the their pension money.. A responsible Clinton-Gore fan would prudently make emergency repairs with plugs until such time as he could afford a proper new tire. He would also dispose of his old tire in a earth friendly way i.e donate it to habit for humanity building material fund..

#6 ·
A Clinton lover would just think they're in the black due to bogus accounting practices. It worked for Global Crossing, WorldCom, Enron, etc. etc. etc.

I always laugh at your logic about the bogus economy when the whole dot com sham happened under St. Clinton.

#9 ·
I do fear the plug because I had two let go on me last year on the same temporary fix. One was at slow speed, no problem. But the other was at about 60 mph on a crowded higway interchange area. Not fun.

For VERY temporary duty, I think they're okay. For anything more than a fairly short trip to the dealer for new rubber, I won't take that chance anymore.

#11 ·
beter than walking? you bet, gonna see me do anything other than limp home on it? no freakin way! streatching tire life, especialy on sportbikes is false economy. something like 90% of flats blowouts and punctures occur in the final 10% of tire wear, I got beter things to worry about on the road.

#13 ·
Just got this letter from South America and thought I'd pass it on.

Bill

My name is Juan. I live in a the small village of Stinklikepoo in Ecuador. Maybe you've seen me with Sally Struthers.

America must have streets of gold, so rich you must be to replace a tire with only one small hole! If you are looking for an environmentally-friendly way to get rid of your old tires, Ecuadorian riders would love to have your old take-offs in any size, with any number of plugs or patches. We could cobble them onto our 30 year old Honda Cubs, which the we now ride on wooden rims wrapped in banana leaves. We could use your crankcase drain oil too - all we have here is fish liver oil, which stinks like sin when it blows by the oil rings we make from the little strips of Spam can metal that coil around the opener key.

We also need annoying aerospace workers on Ninjas, as our meager existence gives us little to laugh at.

Gracias,

Juan

#16 ·
wait, what is this about donating tires to HfH? It always costs me money to get rid of tires. My understanding was that they are reclaimed somehow, but it costs money above and beyond the worth of any useful byproduct. Why would HfH want old tires?

You didn't just make that up, did you?

#18 ·
After it was over the US had an insurmountable worldwide economic lead in software and other knowledge work. That's why our economy is still driving strong right now.

#19 ·
What does Clinton have to do with Global Crossing, Worldcom, or Enron? Enron's execs were all buddy buddy with Cheney. As far as I know it's the Bushie's that are friends with these crooks.

#20 ·
Well because Clintons a Democrat and he let an intern give him some mug. That precipitated every bad thing that has happened since then, it wasn't untill Bush and his stalwart friends got in an took care of that nasty budget surplus that was threatening to actually do some good for the country that things really turned around.

Even Iraq, if Hillery wasn't sleeping with satan himself wearing a yarmaluk and garters the entire Muslem world would love us and want to be our friends......I mean honestly Clinton actually had SEXUAL CONTACT IN THE WHITEHOUSE WITH A JEW.....All BushCo and his neocon ass-pounders did was get over 2000 American soldiers and 10's of thousands of Iraqi's killed so they could raise oil prices....

It's pretty obvious who the criminals are here.

#21 ·
What kinda plugs we talkin' heayah? the automotive "sticky-rope" kind, or the "mushroom-tip" tupbeless motorcycle kind?

I've had the former pull out of motorsysle tires after about 100 miles of riding. I wouldn't trust that kind for more than emergency riding home.

then I'd yank the tire and patch it internally...been riding opn one of those all season.

#22 ·
All the flim flam accounting scandals happened right under Bill's watch. The new accounting rules were implemented during the Bush years. The Enron gang was also prosectuted under Bush.

There's an infamous picture with Clinton and Ken Lay together on the golf course but I guess they're still Cheney's buddies.

The Dems just pretend they're not in the pockets of big business. At least the Republicans admit it.

#25 ·
Re: Really?

Didn't Harley have Reagan implement a tariff on big Japanese bikes once?

#26 ·
The sticky rope kind......

The sticky rope kind.

I mean, I beat the CRAP out of it, since I was changing the tire anyway, but with the rubber cement that comes with the little kit, the little bastards just hung in there!

Rob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.