Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watch out yamaha. Honda is probley going to come out with their Ti valved bike next year. Honda is always a copying off of other companies. If they are not it's a terrible idea any way. Yamaha is an innovator. enough said

·
Registered
356 Posts
This article seems kinda vague. If the valves are that much lighter, did they change the valve springs?? Would they not be able to change the cam a bit to capitalize on less valvetrain friction?

As far as feeling the difference of the Ti vavles it seems more like you could feel the carb differences.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The innovation, is them putting them in a production bike moron! I sure you don't understand becauswe you didn't read the part in the story where they say FIRST IN A PRODUCION MOTORCYCLE YOU PUTZ. enough said, are you stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????

·
Registered
356 Posts
I would rather see yamaha sell their 2 wheel drive racing dirtbikes. Can't remeber what race, possibly dakar, but the bikes give tons more grip in sand/really lose dirt. Now THAT would be innovative for a production bike.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you want a desert bike, I would recommend the 426, as it is more powerful, faster (If I recall correctly) and a little more heavy than the 250. For desert racing, I would prefer the heavier bike, as it is less likely to be blown around @ high speeds, and the power is more tractable.

·
Registered
7 Posts
For all day trail riding...I wouldn't recommend this bike. The seat is as hard as hell....permanent wedgy is a definite possibility (ha, ha). But seriously, the power is awesome, almost two strokish, in nature....but if you are also looking for comfort, or are riding in technical terrain....this bike wouldn't be the best choice....How about an XR 600?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.