Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Not knowing the types of bike involved, I'd think if the instructor was familiar only with bikes equipped with crappy brakes, he may opine that a two finger cover is pretty useless.

Between my FXR and my Sprint(s); the two finger cover on the FXR (one disc) was good for response only. It took all four fingers to get a good braking effort. Two fingers on the Sprint's brake is plenty effective.

A somewhat related topic I've not seen in this forum is the adjustment of the brake and clutch levers for the particular rider. The levers should be rotated on the handles so they fall naturally to hand. That is, the rider should not need to lift fingers or twist wrists to reach the levers. My Sprint doesn't allow much adjustment, but the Harley had quite a bit. If your levers are too high, it is very tiring on the wrists and hands.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
JB, good idea!

However, a buddy (with his XB9S) has trouble with this method... he has trouble trying to keep both tires on the ground!

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
As the pilots here who have survived an ejection say, I now have a second birthday!

Yep, the healing process gives one a long time to reflect. As I pointed out in an earlier string, it's what is important to you. Another buddy (with a Speed Triple- I don't know why I hang around these guys!) is actually the preacher for the Christian Sportbike Association (www.csba.com), and one of his favorite lines is, "Nobody gets out of here alive."

So, ya gotta enjoy your life. It's all risk management.

Number one on my list is to never ride on US129 again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.