Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
When I ride my cruiser (American...so what, it just a bike), I find that most, if not all wave--both sportbike riders and cruisers of all brands. Those H-Der's who don't usually are three-sheets-to-the-wind from bar-hopping and it's better they keep both hands on the bars anyway.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I wave, most wave back. I feel a kinship with those that ride regardless of what they ride. Most motorcyclists I've met seem to feel basically the same way. If the 1-percenters and 1-percenter wanabe's want to look at it a different way, that's their problem. If I see a motorcycle on the side of the road, I stop.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mr Auslander planted his tongue firmly in cheek and pretty much covered the whole, "to wave or not to wave" hangups of some members of our community.

Me, unless I'm leaning past 40 degrees your getting a wave and sometimes I'll stand up and wave with both arms, it all depends on my level of exuberance at that point in time.

I don't care what your on. I've even been known to wave at bicyclists. But then my Harley is over 20 yr.s old and my Honda is 18 so what do I care about making an impression beyond the fact that I'm on two wheels.

vnsfxr

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey-Suess-Cryest, people. It's called IRONY.

From Merriam-Webster: a : The use of words to express something other than and especially the opposite of the literal meaning b : a usually humorous or sardonic literary style or form characterized by irony c : an ironic expression or utterance

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
I'm surprised some people are not getting the satire here. Although it does have a bit of truth to it.

Personally, sometimes I wave, sometimes I don't. We have an awful lot of bikes on the road here in San Diego year 'round. I'd need a third arm to wave at everyone.

When I would ride my Low Rider just for kicks instead of waving I would pick up both feet off the pegs and kick them up in the air just to get my female passenger giggling.

Forecast for San Diego this weekend: 75-78 degrees. Do I go riding or watch the game?

hmmmmmmmmmm.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
I wave at other sport bikes that have full leathers and helmets with graphics, that appear to take motorcycling as serious as I do,,or Nekkid sportbikes, or Suzuki Bandits [but not silver ones] I don't wave at ski jackets and jeans wearers 'cause they're obviously nobs,, I don't wave at Harley riders because they make the mistake of looking down their noses at my beloved Suzuki, so they must be gay, and 1% highwaymans frankly, make me feel weak and pathetic so I flip them off instead.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Forecast for San Diego this weekend: 75-78 degrees. Do I go riding or watch the game?

If you value your life, and given the two teams playing the propensity for being hard core fans, I believe that you're better off in a cage as the roadways down there will be one big rolling kegger.

·
Registered
134 Posts
No Satire here in Phoenix

Up in my part of town, bikes are over 90% Harleys and the riders never wave. I've given up.

I went up in the country last weekend; once I got to Wickenburg and points north, ALL the riders waved. It was great. I gotta get out of this big town.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Here in SoCal on the weekend, if you wave, you'll never be able to pull in the clutch. We nod, and if it's a relaxed stretch of road, then we'll wave.

Don't get your knickers all in a wad if I don't wave at you. It isn't because I hate you or your bike.

Shalom is a hilarious man.

Regards,

Ross

·
Registered
43 Posts
Is it just me or is this the same piece that has been floating around on the internet for several years? I am almost positive I got this exact same article on a mailing list back in 1998 or 99.

·
Registered
55 Posts
We are all brothers under the leather!

The whole cruiser vs. sport bike thing just baffles me. I ride several different bikes of all styles. One day you may see me on an HD with half-helmet and sh*t-kickers, and the next on a rice rocket in full race leathers. I think they are both awesome and would hop on a Goldwing, trike, or anything else that you bring over in a heartbeat! Except for scooters which are just lame! Besides we all deal with the same issues on the road and there are enough cagers out there for us to turn our noses up at without turning on our own brothers in the two wheel nation. Whether I wave or nod, I wave or nod to all my brethren. So should you!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.