Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you expect? the guys got more money than brains.. He could have picked up a killer MV or Ducati for a quarter of that and had just as good a bike.

If he really had any brains he could have a GSXR 1000 and have more bike than he could ride in a year for 10 grand.

Serves him right.

·
Registered
872 Posts
It appeases the souls of the alien race that was stacked around all our volcanos and exterminated with hydrogen bombs.

I was going to post something about Xenu but you beat me to it, damn you.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Cruise actually is a motorcycle enthusiast. I would compare him to Jay Leno as a collector. Cruise also goes to the track frequently. There was a video of him on the track with a Ducati.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Anyone with brains can see that spending $100k on a custom tailored bike that you like makes perfect sense when your net worth is $250,000,000.

Anyone with any brains can see that paying $20,000 for a motorcycle when your net worth is less than $1,000,000 is a bad idea.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Hell, I even spotted you the time it took me to Google it and make sure Xenu was what I thought it was. Slowpoke.

·
Registered
20 Posts
What is the difference it is what you want and can afford.

I would like a $100,00 bike but I can't afford it so I buy a $13,000 bike instead, We need more people to buy bikes like this because it develops new technologies which will filter down to are level...

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
I've got a buddy that has one of the GPz550s used in the filming of Top Gun.

Maybe we can do a MO test on that one.

"I feel the need for speed!"

Of course you can't feel speed in a fighter jet except when you're turning. Then you feel sick.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Well to be fair, I had to do that too. Although I was stupid and had to type wikipedia which is harder to type than google.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Please hush, or he who, oh, Fck it anyway, let it rain.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Physics for Poli Sci and History Majors (kindred spirits I am afraid)

Where do I begin? Well the need for speed probably refers to the the need for acceleration and the associated force needed to produce it. So technically Buz you are wrong.. No surprise there.. speed is the layman's term for velocity.. velocity in physics is both and speed and direction. acceleration is the derivative of velocity (dv/dt) with respect to time. Force is equal to mass times acceleration F=ma. So technically any time you accelerate (postive or negative) you fill the "force" .. or what Mav called "speed" In a fighyer or any airplane you feel speed when you turn because you are accelerating i.e. changing velocity..However you don't need to be changing direction to feel speed.. I also get the same feeling on the takeoff roll when I am piloting a 172. because I am accelerating and that force is pushing my back towards the seat. .. Quiz for fake engineer ksickle I am in airplane and I am turing with a constant airspeed/groundspeed why am I accelerating? Hint see how things work website for help..under high school physics section no calculus required..

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.