Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: Tomahawk Tire Review

Now that is quite interesting. I have seen them many times before, and have usually scoffed at the inherent squidlyness of colored tires, and was quite concerned about them being retreads, This, however, isn't the first surprised, positive review I've read, and I am pleased to hear that they are doing the job for a fellow MOron.

They are retread from aircraft tires right? Now I don't know much about tire construction, I've read a few articles and whatnot on tires, but I'm venturing a guess that their beginnings as aircraft rubber lends to their performance and life. Am I wrong? Someone please enlighten.

I'd probably still stick with the black ones.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Re: Tomahawk Tire Review

They're made on the carcasses of dunlop and metzlers mostly. You can probly tell from the review... I'm shocked as I can be.

As for the squidlyness... you're right... but I admit... it's nice to have everyone staring at your bike.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Tons and tons of bicycle tires are available in multiple colors, and all kinds of racers use them.

So it is a different type of tire, and nobody really ever goes past 70mph on a bicycle and most of the time is spent around 20mph, but there sure doesn't seem to be anything in a colored tire that makes it worse than a black tire.

Of course they are often hideously ugly.

Ben

·
Registered
4 Posts
they are not "made" from aircraft tires. They are made by a company that retreads aircraft tires. Tires that are trusted at 300+mph with several hundred tons on them.

I think these guys know what they're doing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've ordered a set, in black, for my Thunderbird Sport... I've been running Metzler MeZ4s, which are great! But.. for the price of the black Tomahawks, they are definitley worth a try.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: Let my tires go....

I prefer my tires be referred to as "African American".

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
KPable bike, kpable tires, kpable fuel, kpable road.... What a shame that the rider is utterly ineffectual! -Sean

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Re: Membership has its privileges?

Hey, I'm still waiting for my membership card! I understand it entitles me to a .0006% discount on all H-D accessories and apparel. And I've got my eye on a sweet pair of fringed black leather "riding" pants. Might buy the matching arm chaps, too.

You guys been smoking dope and watching your beards grow, or what? Where is my card, dammit!

Don't make me go back to my squidly ways and buy some colored tires.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
He didn't include any photos.

With the lack of any bike reviews or other worthwile stuff, we have loads and loads of free bandwith, Want to borrow some so you can put some pictures of your mom online?

(lighten up people, I'm kidding. sorta)

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Re: Membership has its privileges?

More importantly, it gives you a .017% discount on Loc-Tite, safety wire and duct tape. -Sean

·
Registered
579 Posts
sorry boys... I just wrote this up as a spur of the moment deal. I didn't think about sending pics until the last minute. The site has loads of pics though, and I can assure my "defect" tire looks just as good as those in the pictures. The red kinda looks orance on the website, but it's honda red in person.

Do I sound like a happy customer? Seriously.. if I would be a dealer of these tires if I could.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.