Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I looked at the Cortech jacket but bought a Darien

Light primarily because ALL moto-tester types swear by Aerostitch. In the heat of So. Cal's Inland Empire, a Darien Light seemed logical. I was wearing it last month when I hit a tennis shoe on a blind right-hander and low sided. I slid about 20 feet on asphalt and another 10-15 on dirt. The jacket held up pretty well, but, as my right foot was caught between the bike and the ground, I was twisted a bit to my right and slid on my right forearm. It ground all the way through the sleeve (just in front of the elbow pad) and ground up my arm. The jacket is supposed to be worn with a liner, but I only had a t-shirt on underneath. I don't know how much a flimsy cotton or fleece liner would have helped. I think I'll order the Draggin' Shirt and Jeans. My Levi's were shredded, while my Joe Rocket Ballistic Pants (way too hot for year round use) sat in the closet. My Olympia Sport Gloves came apart at the seam between the right thumb and forefinger. Finally, according to the Ortho Surgeon, the Sidi Strada boots (vs. tennis shoes, hiking boots, etc.) saved my foot from major damage. In the aftermath, torn ligaments and two tiny fractures in my right foot and road rash on right knee, forearm and hand. Scan the road (if you can) BEFORE you look through the corner to where you want to exit.

Sorry so long, but the info seems relevent.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts