Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the latest issue of Sport Rider. Andrew Trevitt has written a column, and apparently intends to do so regularly again, and then return to work full time at some point over the coming months.

There is a picture of him in his wheelchair, and he states that it is still uncertain if he will ever ride (or even walk) again. Quite sad, but also wonderful that he is in a state now we can all begin to benefit again from his considerable experience and wisdom, and where he can again become engaged, at least at some level, in the sport he loves.

I'm currently reading his book on suspension tuning. Mostly pretty basic stuff, but wonderfully written and comprehensively illustrated. Great starting point for anyone interested in the subject, and more than enough depth for someone primarily intersted in just getting their own bike set up for the street or track using the stock components.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Great news!

Ya gotta watch out for those guys in chairs that write motorcycle articles, though.

Pretty soon they are making Dye Penetrant/Flea Dip/Parts Cleaner in a still in their carport. And drinking all of it.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Yes, and building cannons out of old drive shafts and 20 gallon grease drums (filled with cement & rebar).

Nothing like a few slugs of carpet cleaner, followed by the report of a 2 pounder firing old Alpo dogfood cans filled with rocks...like grapeshot.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Ah the poor bastard, he's in for a lot of nonsense for the next couple of years, believe me, I know. At least his injury is high enough where he won't get that ghodamn nerve pain crap, of course he can't sneeze of cough, but I'd trade that any day for having to ingest crazy experimental pain medication that makes you kind of goofy, and shuts down your intestines for weeks on end.

The 'crest claims another one. Too many bozos in this city. I fully expect the DMV will issue drivers licenses to dogs pretty soon. After all, dogs have rights too you know, and it's not just pooping on your lawn anymore, they are living creatures who want to drive, and damit I say give 'em a drivers license!

Oooh, feeling woozy, must lie down....

·
Registered
29 Posts
...while tire testing

Motorcycle accident I presume? Sorry to hear, hope he bounces back into the industry.
Yeah, it was pretty bad from what I read. Facial fracture, some vertebrae, broken pelvis? maybe. And, that was two years ago. After an accident like that, recovery becomes an on going thing.

I remember the first article of his that I ever read. It was all about finding the best aftermarket exhaust for a 600. Very thorough.

He was also the guy that pointed out that there are 3 cables coming off of the front of your bike. Brake, clutch and throttle. Get those working just right, and lap times drop for the novice by 5 to 8 secs.

All good stuff. And as far as suspension tuning goes, I will take all the help I can get.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Yeah, he lives a few miles away, what he went thorugh after that family of idiots whipped a u-turn on a blind corner on the 'crest shouldn't happen to a dog. I hope he's OK, but it's the memories that get ya'. And after all the once good friends disappear, and all you're left with are the people at rehab who have no idea what being a competitor is about, it gets pretty lonely. I hoppe you'e reading this Andy. You've got a friend here if you ever need to shoot the ****.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.