Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whoo hoo! First post. Yossef always hits the ball out of the park on his reviews. It sounds like the machine is a winner mechanically, but please get rid of the stubby rear end.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I completely agree! Imagine the Lightning with a V-Rod engine! As it stands now, Triumph has out-Buelled Buell. Bully for England! This is why Triumph is doing so well. I wonder what they have planned in the future for that stonking Rocket III engine?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Now that Buell is offering a "Long Wheelbase" XB12, the idea of a modified VRod motor in a Buell doesn't seem so crazy.

What could Triumph use the Rocket III engine for? Boat Ancor? Rocket Hold-Down weights for engine testing? Ok, seriously... they should put it into a large touring bike. A sportbike is really out of the question, if you like turning and such. -Sean

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
I would like to know if the new S3 is really hands down a better bike than the previous model.(mods included)

Cycleworld had voted the new S3 best street bike. IMO, that is a joke. Not that it isn't a great bike, but best "Street" bike. I think at some point I may want to carry a passenger or at least take the thing on a short trip.

How about, best 2nd bike for the street?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've had one for a couple of months now. My first Triumph, first Britsh bike and first 3 cylinder. After owning Ducs, BMWs, Yamahas and Guzzis, the 15 minute test ride had me sold. This bike is awesome fullstop. For the money it's also a true bargain.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Nice review. This bike is what Buell should strive to be (maybe in our life time Buell will have a modern engine) I love the looks of the S3.. A friend bought a New Black big Daytona. The triple sounds so cool...Way to go Triumph.

Thanks Yossef...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Who cares about the stubby tail... I mean really how often do you look at the back of your own bike anyway... the important thing is that it performs well and looks well sorted... I have ridden many a Triumph including an old school Speed Triple that still holds a place in my heart... maybe it is time for a new triple in my life!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Comfort wise, the seat is great. I demoed one, and could see riding it 3-400 miles at a time, depending of course on the speeds and the wind. That was the only bad thing about it... At higher speeds you really had to hang on...

I could see it as my only bike if I lived in SoCal or the Rockies or someplace where the twisties are fairly close. As it is, I have to do a lot of droning to get to fun riding, which is why I have a Sprint...

FWIW, and all that stuff...

Dan

·
Registered
33 Posts
This is one outstanding motorbike. The 05 S3 is a wonderful, very quick, easy handling, sweet sounding super bike. It is my favorite short trip bike. Commuting, carving, for track days the S3 is perfect.

The styling is superb and reflects the very nature of the bike - it is a true attention getter.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'll take mine black please. Nice. Love it's compactness. Short stubby tail is close to perfect. Thank god it doesn't have a ridiculous cow stomach catalitic converter hangin' from it's underside.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I Like It

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I believe this bike is the true, original hooligan and all others best steer clear or get the rusty pipe upside the temple in the back alley.

Looks like this most recent upgrade finally gives the S3 its due. I love the new tail section and overall design and all of the other mechanical mods just make this gladiator stronger.

With bikes like this, Triumph's numbers will only improve. Bring on the I-3 800 too.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.