Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmm... looks like the ole trick of rushing to post first & then going back to edit in some worthy content doesn't work for MOrons...

so what I was gonna say is.. .whats up with those old fashioned dual rear shocks & skinny tires?

I can live just fine with 60-70 hp but will the Thruxton get its arse handed to it in the twisties by a Buell Blast?

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
This copy should read:

For all you old farts mid life crisis baby-boomers who long for the days of racing your Engilish piece of crap Parallel Twin.with other members of the grumpy old men club, GPTB. To compensate for your slower reflexes we have updated the Classic English Twin with modern forks, brakes etc. You can now waste your disponsible income and impress your second wife showing what kind of rider you used to be...before the hip replacement, hair transplant, and penial implant....

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hey K,

Maybe you should go back to the MO Thruxton intro and check out the blue track bike that was spanking 600's.

The money that was spent on your education................now thats what I call a waste of disponsible income.

As for vertical twins, you don't know sh*t.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Smashing, after the races we can burn up the ton into the city and top it off wif some chips 'n' tea at the Transit Cafe' an' spy some dolly birds.

Sounds cool, since I'm planning on a Thruxton for my next bike I'll let you race it Sean, after I pipe 'n' jet it...Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha.......

No, really....you can ride it....snork...ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-

·
Registered
955 Posts
Welcome, to Fantasy Land.

Nice bike!

I love the Café Racer look.

Considering that it costs 60% less, than a new Norton, $8,000 is a hellava price.

Though, it could use a quarter fairing, radial tires, and the Triple would be nice. But, I still like it.

Now, I’m having visions of being clad in black, wearing a beanie-helmet and goggles, riding through the night with a scarf trailing behind me in the breeze.

Oh, oh! Fantasy Land, here I come…

The years seem to fall away, like so-many dreams, as I shift into third, while passing the city-limit sign, and the memories start to come at me, like drunks that I owe money. Suddenly, I begin to wonder, "Did Disco actually exist? Was Reagan really President? What ever happened to that chick, who could take her teeth out? And, how did I ever get this fat?" Never mind, that. I’ve got more important things to think about. Like: If this is 1969, I might have a math test tomorrow. And, what the hell’s my teacher’s name? But, then, weed is only $20 per ounce, and Led Zepplin’s first album won’t be out until January, so life is good. Hey, I could get used to this retro-bike thing...Oh, Damn! "Grampa! Is that you?" Thump! Thump! "Sure, hope not." Okay, time travel has some drawbacks. Big deal! Whaddaya want, for $9K?

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
I see the 2005 Bonnie T100 is getting the 900 motor also. I was looking at the Thruxton over the weekend at the shop and I'm not sure the riding position would wear well with me. I'm really drooling over that new Speed Triple though. I wouldn't be suprised to see one in the garage next year.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
The Speed Triple rocks fer' sure..but what I want is an air cooled twin to play with. I'll be either a Thruxton, T100 or Superglide. All three are pretty close in HP, torque and 0 to 100 times. The Triumphs are lighter, cheaper and better handling, the FXD has more potential to build, better dealer network and parts supply. Now that HD's are pretty much back to MSRP the base Superglide is pretty reasonable, though still more than the Triumph

The T100 has more room for me, and with a set of flatter bars and some suspension upgrades, along with a set of Norman Hyde pipes and a rejet would equal the Thruxton and still be easier on the elbows. By the same token an set of risers on the Thruxton would be cheaper and just as comfy and I'd have the tighter rake and bigger disc, plus adjustable forks.... It's a tuff call

The nice thing is I've got my Trophy for wind/weather protection and bags, plus the 108hp and 78 lbs/ft of torque is plenty for me. All I want is a play bike I can get out and blast around the boonies on for an hour or three so the Thruxton's riding position isn't that much of an issue anyway. I want to wait till I get my other vehicals paid off before I buy anything else so I've got a year or two to think about it

·
Registered
955 Posts
This, is fun...

Wankers all, we could appall!

And, skiddle us around some blindie nerves, skedaddle down to the bees & bird...

Do the job, wet our gobs...

Then, act like codgers and artful-dodgers, playing the role, of MotoSnobs.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Re: Welcome, to Fantasy Land.

The other thing wrong with waking up in 1969 would be realizing that you would have to endure Disco, BeeGees, Air Supply, butterfly collars, leisure suits, Richard Nixon, Olivia Newton-John and Elvis being dead again.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.