Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What, no flames yet! I am amazed, if this had been about HD there would have been at least 100 of them by now!

Good job Triumph, for making your own bikes these days! Looks like it is appreciated. I still want a Rocket 3 for the sidecar.....got to pay for the others first....

BigJames

·
Registered
160 Posts
I second the nice job Triumph. Good for them if the Crotchet III sells like hotcakes, better yet if it sells like a motorcycle! It's not my cup of tea but it no doubt will appeal to the Boss Hog lite fans out there. The Thruxton is my cup of tea and I may spring for one if they pump it up a tad. We need more options and Triumph has made it clear that they are willing to offer new, untried ideas in search of sales. I for one think their bold design thinking is worth rewarding. How much does that damnn twin cost?

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
I'm finding the $7999 price tag on the Sprint RS to be an almost irresistable deal. I'm not surprised that Triumph is doing well. They are good bikes with reasonable price tags.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just traded a sv650s for a speed triple.

My first 'new bike' was a 72 bonneville.

after innumerable hondakawasuzuki's I have now come full circle.

I love the fact that Triumph is going well

JWKaz

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Well, I love my Triumph, best bike I've owned.

The rumor going around now is that the twins may be bumped up to 1200cc in a year or so, maybe sooner (maybe not)

Too bad about the Rocket3, "The Great Motorcycle Prophylactic" has predicted their demise. Someone better tell Triumph before they wind up like the Japanese in the 80's with warehouses full of unsold bikes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just rode the new Rocket III and wow is all I can say...Big, fast and torque is the word...
30 miles per hour in sixth gear is 1000 rpm...
I had to ...ahem...get thru an intersection...so I just cracked the twist grip at 30 mph and in a flash I was hitting 60 mph in the space of the 4 lanes it took to cross the street...

I am impressed...if you get ride on this puppy take it...

If Harley has their "Bad Boy" then this Rocket III is a BAD MAN!

They are going to sell a ton of these!

·
Registered
8 Posts
The RS has been a slow seller, but I've found it to be a great bike. My 2000 RS is approaching 17,000 miles with nothing but smooth sailing. If anything it runs better than new due to Triumph's continuing to provide new tunes.

Here's hoping your experience with Triumph is as positive as mine. ;-)

·
Registered
46 Posts
I say more power to Triumph! I'm glad they're not the same as everyone else and continue to be different. I was sad when all British vehicles (save Rolls-Royce, Bently and Jaguar) disappeared at the end of the '70's. Glad to see Triumph bikes back and doing well.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ditto all the compliments to Triumph. I've owned a '96 Sprint and an '03 Speedmaster -- both have been excellent, good-handling, well-made bikes. Great to see a European manufacturer flourishing in the US, especially after Aprilia's near-death experience.

What's next? Hey Bloor, for the atavistic among us, how about a sport single, done right (kick start, light weight, low bars, wire wheels, 650cc or so)? Would also be a great platform for a street scrambler!

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Triumph did things right by making their own way by producing motorcycles that are distinctive, reliable, and perform well. After riding a Rocket III, I can tell there will be interest in that beast. I just wish Triumph would quit fooling around with 600 Supersports. It's a slam dunk for the Japanese in that category. Pour all that money into the twin motor and give us a vertical twin with 100 horsepower. Stick it in the Bonnie and I'm there. Here's to my 72 Bonnie and all the parts that fell off that I never found!

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
It was hard to be overly sad at the demise of MG/Triumph/Austin/Sunbeam automobiles...... if you've ever owned one. They went out of business because they richly deserved it.

How can one miss being stranded frequently and spending half the day every Saturday adjusting those miserable SU carbs? ;-)

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
I think rain suits are more in line with the British heritage than ***** armchaps. Lots of Loc-tite too. And those funny sugar bowl helmets.

I actually saw some guy on a metric cruiser wearing armchaps and sporting a fringed windshield a couple of weeks ago (shudder). It was enough to want to make me want convert to Catholicism and start carrying a crucifix in an attempt to ward off the demons that possess such people.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts