Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Nah, Datona 600...

Yeah, its down 5 hp from the Japanese, but I can FIT on it, and the ergonomics are GOOOOD!

No to mention, get it in yellow and paint a valmoto flag on the front....

·
Registered
640 Posts

I was 12 in 68' and Corvettes were about the most expensive cars out there at around 6 or 7 grand. Prices are relative to mean income and a nice bike today is way better than a nice bike back in 68'. I wish Toyota would create a bike with their hybrid system powering the thing. Two hundred miles per gallon with near zero pollution. 100 ft-lbs of torque off the line supplied by an electric motor and then a small (maybe 400cc) gas motor kicks in to take over, all controlled seamlessly by the on board computer. Power splitting device (in place of transmission) to keep you going while it also tops off the batteries. Completely off whenever you let off the gas or you're at a stop sign. My 2004 Prius should arrive in Omaha some time this month. Prius is the Hybrid Toyota for the uninformed. 51 mpg city/60 mpg highway. That's better than my Harley.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Rocket III = ultimate sidecar hauler,

but only because it is not as rediculous as a Boss Hoss....amd you still have neough power to haul that Airstream or trailer for the Harley.....or Gold Wing....

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Re: Nah, Datona 600...

But ... but ... but.... The extra 5 HP is needed to carry all those bike mags in the tank bag.

Who cares about comfort? With 5 HP less you won't have bragging rights at the Burger Barn.

Gotta stay with what's really important. Sheesh.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: Hybrid power

Atta boy for getting a Prius. A caviat with that car is that in the first model years Toyota subsidized the hybrid cars to the tune of nearly $20,000 each, just to get them into the market. I do not know what it is now, but the true cost of the car is more than you are paying. Toyota has received good recogition for this, and other car companies are following suit with other models to be announced.

I think the batteries are rated for five year service life, or equal to a major overhaul every five years with the attendant low output at the end of battery life.

All this will improve as more of us bit the bullet and invest in the hybrid technology where ever we find it. (Right now a motorbike would need a trailer to get enough battery power;)

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Prius (Cool !)

Keep us informed how you like it. My commuting car is ready to replaced and I am considering the Hybrid. Is the taxbreak for the hybrid thing going to offset the higher sticker price relative to nonhybrids

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.