Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Boy. I hope so. The 955i is one of my favorites but it is getting a lil' long in the tooth. Plus, the big T did such a nice job with the 675 that I imagine that the 1075 will be a beautiful piece.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
I'm going with:

Daytona staying a 675, and

the "Hayabusa-beater" will be called a Hurricane. I think it will use a transversely mounted variant of the RIII motor.

There'll be a McRocket/Rocket II with two cylinders; and

They'll have a new Speed Tre' based on the 675, featuring the "pre-crashed" look of the beloved Speed Triple and the late Speed Four.

You heard it here first!

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Who cares if Triumph Daytona is absent when the whole factory is going to disappear? Not to mention the entire United States.

>Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has

>predicted that Britian, Israel and the United

>States would eventually disappear from the

>world like the Egyptian pharaonic kings. "The

>oppressive powers will disappear while the

>Iranian people will stay".

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/12/20/061220094102.ixs3bo81.html

This is terrible news, where I am going to get spare parts for my Harley? Also all the Runes are in the States, wonder if they would start making them in Japan. Crappy news like this can easily spoil the whole day.

- cruiz-euro

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
OMG! No more Goldwings on The Gap!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Perhaps he is right? Isn't it arrogant to think anything else? Why would western nations suffer a fate different from any other empire in history? Nations inevitably fail, people endure.

Not that I am an apologist for that nut-job Ahmadinejad.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Remember the rumors of a 1300 cc superbike? Well, looks like they may be cookin' that one up again. It would be pretty nice to see a 1300 or so cc triple pushing the 170 hp range? Bet it'd howl.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
The Daytona 955i is way up on my list of Cool bikes. Anticipation of a even cooler 1050 version is a big part of why I haven't got the 955i yet. The 955i is going to be a tough act to follow with all its strengths. I'd be happy with suspension/brake upgrades using the 955i as a base but I don't see that happening. I see a used modified 955i in my future.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Yep this is kind of old news. MCNews (UK) Say a replacement is to be out soon.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Hey, a**hole, I left you your answer on the Ducati Corse thread.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
According to some sources, this is exactly what Triumph intends to do. The 1300 (or whatever it will eventually become) is being tweaked to compete with the new Concours, not the ZX-14/Hayabusa hypersport-touring class.

I'd guess that this bike is not the replacement for the D955i. But it is a smart move considering a lot of development money was spent on the Hurricane project.

The only problem I see is that the Hurricane was a 4-pot, developed just before Triumph's "triple manefesto." I'd have to assume any new bike will have a three-cylinder, not a four.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts