Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
That's great - now if they could clean the toilets and mop the kitchen floor, we'd be in bidness......

I wonder if they used "O'Cedar" or "Good Housekeeping" brand broom?

·
Registered
872 Posts
And what gauge is the stick?

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Fair comparisons surely. As far as it gets when overwhelmingly European crowd measures European bikes against others. Wonder how the results would have been had 75% of the judges been Japanese.

- cruiz-euro

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
The D&D 675 that raced in the Daytona 200 was damn near stock, and placed 23rd. The only mods were the Arrow pipe, K&N filter, racing tires, GMD Computrack tuned front end, and different gearing.

I asked about the famous Honda fuel boo-boo, and, how did they know when to refuel the 675? The answer? "Two laps after the low fuel light came on!"

Obviously a great bike!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Triumph Daytona 675 = excellent design

Because the Daytona isn't lighter, thinner, with more down low torque and better looks. If anything, worldwide motorcycle press worships the Japanese. I can't think of one European bike in the past 10 years that could sincerely challenge the Japanese industry, with the exceptions of a 916 series bike or one of the fancy Aprilias with factory supercool suspension.

Give credit where it is due, the Daytona is an amazing piece of engineering that put Triumph at the head of the pack in the 600 class. You can't possibly argue against that statement, even if you believe that it doesn't deserve Masterbike (which is really an excuse to ride all these bikes on a free trip to Spain).

--The Fox

--The Fox

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Re: Triumph Daytona 675 = excellent design

"the Daytona is an amazing piece of engineering that put Triumph at the head of the pack in the 600 class. You can't possibly argue against that statement, ....."

I can argue against that statement. I don't think it put them at the head of the 600 class, but it certainly put them ahead of the 675 class, because there is only one contender in that class. Triumph got smart and didn't challenge the Japanese where they live. They just created a niche bike that works very well and stayed away from direct competition this time. This bike can't race against 600's because it isn't one. Their last attempt at that was a dismal failure because they have neither the money nor the engineering prowess to challenge the Japanese head to head in the 600 class. I'm sure the 675 is a fantastic bike, but it certainly isn't a 600. It's a smart cheater bike designed to steal some of the sales away from those 600's, but it is in a class of it's own.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Sold them. Rode them. Insured them. If you have never done a test ride- find a dealer. If you like 600 supersport bikes then you will be very pleased after the ride.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
28ga.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Re: Triumph Daytona 675 = excellent design

That's pretty much the stratagy the Japanese used themselves. The large bike market was cornered by HD, Triumph, BSA and Norton, rather than compete with them head on which they couldn't do, they flooded the market with small cheap git'around bikes till they developed the CB750.

Turn around is fair play my friend, not too many companies can throw the kind of money into a product run that the Japanese seem willing to do so they pull and end run on them.

tickles the sh*t out of me.......

·
Banned
20 Posts
I have a 2000 ZX-7R Great stable sport bike but I am getting bored with it.. Realistically I know I will never get close to riding beyond it's capability. From your comment sounds like the Daytona is more like a 600 then a bike a 750 rider would like. I am lusting for a Ducati because I rode one and fell in love with it. I thought the 675 would be a good compromise int that it would have more low end torque than an inline 4 and be cheaper to buy and maintain than a Ducati. Guess I should test one to find out.

·
Registered
730 Posts
600 class = 600, 675, and 748 / 749.

I feel the engine characteristics, overall size, capabilities and intended use put it squarely into the 'supersport' or '600' category. The Ducati 748 / 749 belongs, so why not the 675?

--The Fox

·
Registered
872 Posts
I thought you had a zx6R.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Re: 600 class = 600, 675, and 748 / 749.

At any displacement the 675 has had the most enthusiastic endorsements from every single person I know that has ridden one (about ten, all "Good" Riders).

It's at the top of my want to ride list but I've sat on them and no way would I buy one in FL as a primary bike. Somewhere with some turns around... maybe. I will be taking a good look at the "Speed 675" though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.