Motorcycle Forums banner

Triumph Ends Speculation And Unveils A Naked 675.

27K views 74 replies 33 participants last post by  SRMark 
Re: Triumph Launches the Street Triple.

"I guess my post/article about Aprillia fielding a V-4 in World Superbike didn't make it past the longride filter"

Oh, shut up. You have more news items posted than anyone. Get over yourself.

I'm sorry, but I just don't get the "factory streetfighter" thing. I thought the whole point of a streetfighter is that cash-strapped kids crashed their sportbikes and put the headlights on to keep the bike streetable while avoiding buying expensive replacement bodywork. Does it come with sanded chickenstrips, pre-ground pegs, a temporary tattoo and clip-on body piercings?

But, to each his own. Two wheels good, four wheels bad.

On another note, I predict that within three years, all of the Big 4 will have redesigned their 600 Supersports to be incrementally faster and lighter. You heard it here first!

Nah, my Bandit's faired. And would I trade it straight up for a naked 675? I don't know. I want wind protection, I want my Givi hardbags, and I want the simplicity of an air-cooled engine. But that triple would be mighty tempting.

I'll compromise - somebody put that engine in my Bandit. Thanks.

What makes you think I need or desire that "performance advantage" when my Bandit is already stupid fast enough without having to do the extra maintenance required for liquid cooling? You are ignorant of the notion that not everyone has the same priorities you do. I value simplicity.

kpaul is also blissfully unaware that liquid cooling tends to make a bike more of a PITA to work on, since he probably doesn't even do his own oil changes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.