Motorcycle Forums banner

Triumph Ends Speculation And Unveils A Naked 675.

27K views 74 replies 33 participants last post by  SRMark 
Yeah, but my contributions to my kids' college funds ends in about 18 months. Extra cash then....hmmmm... Tiger, Speed Triple, Street Triple.... gotta try 'em all. Gotta try a classic Duck, too. Maybe I'll start test riding this summer. Get ahead of the game so to speak.

I recently sold my air/oil cooled Suzuki and bought a water-cooled GL1100 for more comfort when touring with my wife. In the process I got worse brakes, 20 fewer HP and 75 more pounds. Some advantage water cooling is, eh?

I have never had a bike fail off road due to any water cooling problems. That's because my off road bikes are, and will be, air cooled. One less thing to ball up when you're 50 miles from nowhere in the desert.

And, funny thing, when I go out in the desert with my friends my old air cooled DR400 gets to the destination at the same time as the guys on the latest and greatest wunderbikes. Hmmmm. Same thing happens when I'm on the road for that matter. What was that wonderful advantage again?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.