Motorcycle Forums banner

Triumph Ends Speculation And Unveils A Naked 675.

27K views 74 replies 33 participants last post by  SRMark 
Re: Triumph Launches the Street Triple.

I'm bummed it looks like they've downgraded the brakes. It seems the radial mount calipers of the 675 have been replaced with the older style; I would have thought they'd retain the 675's forks, brakes, axle, etc. as-is.

Dang. Why am I so critical today? I love Triumphs and adore the 675 but I just feel they got a couple things wrong here. No. 2 is the exhaust can. Are they trying to copy the new BMW singles with the fat can on the side thing? Here's to hoping it can be swapped for a single, underseat, shotgun can, like the Two-Brothers unit available for the 675.

Street Triple has been conceptualized since the 675 first appeared. It's old news. In fact, it's even older than the 675, since the 675 itself was originally conceived of as a naked bike. Therefore, that a naked 675 should follow the faired 675 has always been a foregone condlusion.

News of a new Aprilia-developed v-four is similarly old, been around ever since their groundbreaking 450 v2 came out. Obbviously the double-trouble v-four is intended to replace the Rotax twin in the Mille...and would likely be campaigned in WSBK and perhaps MotoGP.

i really think whether the factory competes in either venue is strictly a matter of finances. Personally I think motogp is a longshot since they are not allowed to use production bikes. It will be too expensive to justify. WSBK on the other hand, I don't doubt for a minute they'll be there.

Man, Tuonos are great bikes but with the Rotax twin on the outs, who wants to buy one when a new engine might be just around the corner? Tough one there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.