Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Way to go Triumph. I was visiting our

Omaha, NE Triumph dealer which has been around for maybe 6 months. Breeze's Triumph. I don't care for the looks of any their cruizers but the 600 Speed 4 is a bike that I'd love to take out for a spin. I sat on it and it looks like it is all very top quality. I even think he said that Triumph was offering a $1000 rebate on them. Also, they have some 2000 cc moster cruiser inline 3 coming down the pike. That sounds interesting.

·
Registered
415 Posts
This is so great for Triumph! I can't wait to see the coverage tonight on Speed.

The only Triumphs I've ridden are the Speed Triple and the Adventure. The front brakes were so good on the Triple they scared me. Of course the only bikes I'd ridden up to then were metric cruisers and standards.

I hope the Daytona helps to keep Triumph going for a long time. With a success like the TT it looks like they're off to a good start.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I felt the same way about their cruisers, eg, but it didn't stop me from taking a demo ride. It didn't take long for me to get very happy on the back of one.

They're different that's for sure but I like them better than the Sportster. They're narrow, light, nice lean angle and a tank that seems to go on forever without making me lean to far forward to reach the grips. I really liked it.

What is it about the T-Bird/T-Bird Sport (or any of the triples in the classic line) you don't like? Not asking about the Bonneville line as I'm not a fan of them. I think the twin is a little lame. Too much fake stuff on 'em. I'm just curious what it is about the looks you don't like.

Thanks,

D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Way to go Triumph. It's nice to see a bike other than the Japanese foursome win something. I've been a big fan of Triumph since purchasing a 2000 Sprint ST. I now have 23,500 miles on it, and it's been stone reliable. I still get people that stop me at gas stations, etc. and tell me what a great looking bike it is.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Good showing, guys! They have has some pretty respectable showings in the BSB SuperSport series, and this win should give them the confidence boost.

I hear rumors that they may take on AMA SuperSport in 2004. From the early reports, the Daytona TT should be pretty evenly matched with the Japanese 600s in showroom stock form, so perhaps if they can find the right team, they can make a race of it.

Gotta give em credit for taking on the "Big 4" head on in their most competitive class. Nobody else has had the balls to do that (or is it that they are too business-smart to try that?).

Bob

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Triumph teaches Harley a lesson in persistence and courage.

So much for those folks who said they couldn't compete with the big Four eh longride. By the way bout time you posted this i.e. I submitted it early yesterday. Leave it to the Brits to show Harley-Buell that it can be done. What is more amazing is that Triumph came back from nothing to do it. Triumph's hard work and courage should be admired by all. Triumph has a complete line of bikes unlike Harley's niche market (i.e. American white males over 40).

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Once you go ....

You know what they say once you go to sport bikes you will never be happy riding a Harley again. You better stay off it. You might become disenchanted with your Harley. :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
I don't speak with a funny accent, but I am very proud of triumph also. (Just kidding about the accent)

Now, we can see what British engineering can do.

Unforunately us Americans can only rely on Harley for American pride in racing. And that was a joke.

When will Ford build motorcycles? For got serious in the 60's and kicked the fraq out of Ferrari and Porche with their GT40's.

There is American pride......43 years ago :(

·
Registered
52 Posts
2001 Sprint ST with 43,000 and still going strong!!!!

I knew Triumph would eventually triumph!!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
way to go triumph.

im excited to see new blood in the supersports... go brits...

now if some american company can get their sh8t together to compete in supersports...

i just about given up on hardley moving mother f***kers

·
Registered
85 Posts
I rode a Harley recently for a 2hr ride. I actually liked the breakless, motorless, no ground clearance..cruiser. I actually had fun. Can't believe I'm saying this.

But I do feel Harley has a responsibility as the only American bike maker to take on the world, as did the Little Brit company.

Harley management never fully supported the superbike effort. Shame on them.

Shame on the Harley riders who derogatively refer to sport bikes as "go fast " bikes. What happen to American pride in racing?

Once again, I salute the little British company.

{S} to Triumph.

Pain_Seraphin, Colonel

Command Lance

Seraphins

·
Registered
85 Posts
Arggg, always a critic. Yes I will try to bash Harleys more in the future. Actually, I have recently had a great ride on a Harley (If asked,I will deny it). But my contention is I rely on them heavily (not fair I guess) to carry the American Flag into SuperBike racing. We have no other company to carry the Flag into racing.

I realize Harley is a company. Companies exist to make money, not to make my American ego and self-esteem happy.

But I can dream.

Sorry if I bruised your Harley owner;s ego.

Polish up your peanut helmit and I am sure you will feel better. I always feel better when I condition my leathers. :)

Was this effort better?

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.