Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Re: Triumph Kicks Off "Win a Rocket III Classic" Test Ride Sweepstakes

I would pay to see Ed McMahon doing power wheelies in the front. Especially since the front is zeroscaped with rocks and boulders from the desert.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts

Let that be a warning to people who own badgers. When going out take a large wooden badger instead.

·
Registered
406 Posts

Wouldnt it be sweet if they did? They could have their own class called STbike or something. FZ1s and Bandits and Honda 919 and z1000 and even a naked Buell just for good measure. I bet it would be a blast to watch.

Oh, and the riders have to be 40+ (and a little overweight) b/c we all know that no one younger than that would be smart enough to ride such practical beasties in the real world.

·
Registered
406 Posts

I think we just invented a new AMA competition.

We could race touring bikes too. Harley Ultra Classics and Goldwings and Rocket IIIs and that new Victory Vision thing.

Maybe we could even sell FIM on it.

I would pay serious money to watch either one of these races.

Rossi: 'I go very fast on very fast bike.'

Harley Ultra Rider: 'Son, I only go half as fast on the same course but I do it on that sled over there. [Points to Orange and Black racing Ultra parked behind him]

Rossi: 'I...er...I am...' [wanders off muttering to himself in Italian]

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·

I like the touring bikes idea. Sparks everywhere, metal chunks flying around, plastic burning!

And a high speed (kind of) wreck with an 800 pound bike would be a hell of a site on the track.

·
Registered
730 Posts

We've kicked this idea around before and I still think it's a spectacluar idea. Who wouldn't want to watch it as a support class? You could keep the races short by making them just 10 laps.

--The Fox

·
Registered
458 Posts
I don't get cruisers...

I don't see what this thing and similar things offers over the substantially cheaper technowidity Concours 14, apart from saying "I got a small penis" to the rest of the world.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts

Or just make it "race until only one bike is left".

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
Triumph Kicks Off "Win a Rocket III Classic" Test Ride , Dealers Fail to Explode

So, I called the Triumph dealer in Fort Lauderdale to see about a ride tomorrow and talk to Ian.

First thing he says is "yes, that starts next month." No, says I...the press release says it started yesterday.

Ian: "Are you going to buy one?"

Me: "I dunno, guess that's what the test ride is all about, right?"

Ian: "Are you seriously looking?"

Me: "Actually yes, I've been looking to add another bike for some time now (Concours 14, Ducati, snicker snort).

Ian: "Well, if you're coming over, be prepared to wait a few hours. I'm sure we'll be very busy with test rides."

Me: "But dude, you didn't even know the promotion was running until I called" (In my head)

There is a special place in hell where you have to sell motorcycles for eternity.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: Triumph Kicks Off "Win a Rocket III Classic" Test Ride , Dealers Fail to Explode

...yes, and they're all old Hodaka Ace 90's...

·
Registered
246 Posts

Interesting loophole: all the promo materials say "test ride a Rocket III", and the form you send in asks which Rocket III model you rode, BUT the official sweepstakes rules say "visit any participating Triumph dealer and take a test ride on any Triumph motorcycle". So you can apparently test ride any bike you can talk the dealer into. Better bring a copy of those rules, though!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts