Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: Whoopee!

Well, it looks neat, anyway. Too bad they can't "mass produce" it.

Always dug the way the cylinders looked on Snortons.

Wonder if it has "isolastic" engine mounts?

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: I've seen them in person.

Thanks for the link. Now if they could just get the price down to around 12 grand...

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: Hardlys

I use to break-in Harleys for a rental place in Compton Ca. (Moturis). They offered up Dynaglides and New Heritage Softails as sacrifices to the public. Dan Schneider, Pres. of Moturis, said they kept the Harleys for about 10 thousand miles, then pawned them off on unsuspecting souls for top $$$ (before they blew up). Also, they purchased the Harleys from Switzerland (?). I know, I'm the Customs Broker that imported them. Got 'em in free of duty, American Goods Returned. Ha ha.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: Harley Schmarley

Wait a second, Vinnie, you used the "H" word, meaning yet another entry has been made into the Harley diatribe, that is this post.

Harleys rule man, they're kind of like...er...big Cushmans..

I wanted to talk about Nortons anyway...

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: Big deal

Ahh, the fabled Thruxton.

It's too bad Triumph couldn't come up with something that doesn't look like an accessorized CB350, with clip-ons and big goofy pipes (does Paul Dunstall = fishtails?)

I was enthused to say the least, that Triumph had designed a new cafe-type motorcycle.

But, after viewing some of the pictures, I've decided the boys at Hinkley must have picked up some designers from Jawa somewhere along the line.

That big lump of a motor has all the charm of a sunbeam toaster. I mean, look at it. It's like something Kawasaki would have foisted on the public in 1978.

Jeez, couldn't thay have done something with the motor, give it that "classic" Triumph look?

Wait a second, I was on an MZU site. Sorry.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: Hardlys

I broke 'em in nice and easy, buy you know that a rental anything has to stand up to, ham fisted oafs.

Just relaying what the owner of the shop said.

Personally, I liked both bikes, the Dynaglide seemed the best.

I broke-in BMW 850R's for the same place. Moturis would keep them for 40-45K, then off 'em.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts