Registered
11,491 Posts
Re: Who says a small company can't compete with proper engines

"Shorty"..........?

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Re: And it was going so well till

Yes, still clinging to my 30s although the 40s are well in sight.

And I ride a sportbike.

I've never owned a Harley but I've ridden a few. Does that count? My brother owned a Sportster for a little while. Guilty by association?

There are actually a few of our plebes who are still in their 20s, gasp! By the way, Buz, when does the hazing start?

(By the way, Buz also owns a Ducati and Longride also owns a Hayabusa.)

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Ladies and gentlemen...

...we have a winner.

In a sense, I don't totally disagree with KP (ack...I need to take a bath). I'd love to try a Buell with a new engine. And I think that Buell will probably forever be a niche bike but maybe that's not a bad place to be.

As you astutely pointed out, will the reward justify the investment? Damned if I know.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts

I mentioned that the 675 has a tall seat height, and I'm not tall. So now I'm "shorty" and "little man." And he's calling me out for basketball games.

See how I stalk him?

F*cktard.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Y'know, stalkees usually don't nag their stalkers this much.

"How tall are you?"

How big are your t!ts?

·
Registered
1,521 Posts

>I would sort of enjoy if they did something

>funky with the Blast.

I agree they should do something really funky with this bike that was a MO valuebike shootout loser already six years ago. Like change the concept, the components and the name.

- cruiz-euro

·
Registered
25 Posts
Re: Excellent Point

Their 4 stroke outboards are huge, heavy, stodgy and SLOW. At least for the advertised power. When they first came out people loved them. The salvation from the EPA. Now that we have some real experience with them, you won't find that many decorating the transoms of larger, heavier or FASTER boats. It's back to the 2 stroke Mercs and Evercrudes if you want to get there AND back.

Their small motors, under 50 HP are still doing well.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Re: You guys remind me of a bad side to some Canadians

If you want to see some ****** bashing, come to Argentina man. I mean people are soo offended by whatever you guys do. BTW this is because of the historical exploitation of the country by the US. When I ask like how, exactly, has US exploited Argentina the details get suddenly very sketchy. But there you are.

- cruiz-euro

·
Registered
730 Posts

I own a Harley and 5 Aermacchi -HD's(vintage MX and flat track) AND I have a ponytail. The ponytail's not gray but the beard is. Matter of fact ,I probably look like KPAUL's worst nightmars.

·
Registered
11,491 Posts

Most of my South-American friends are from Chilè or Brasìl.

Ah, THERE's a Fight.............

·
Registered
11,491 Posts

Why would you need that many Suits?

Oh, wait - that's Versacci...........

·
Registered
11,491 Posts

My Wife is Tall - she's 5' 3".

·
Registered
11,491 Posts

...........from the Waist UP

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts

I don't have me exploitation history books in front of me. What did we do to them?

I don't recall anything. Did we overthrow a government? What do they have to exploit?

·
Registered
5,030 Posts

"When I ask like how, exactly, has US exploited Argentina the details get suddenly very sketchy."

Funny how that works, isn't it? "Exploited by the United States" comes from the same intellectual and philosophical place as "manipulated by the Jews."

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
I thought you were already in

If you're not in then you're in.

Big ceremony!

Speech! Blah Blah Blah.

Drinking.

I've been in the evil GPTB so long I was in my 30s when longride, seru and I became the evil founders.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Re: Excellent Point

Yeah, I should have been more specific. I'm talking about the smaller motors, and I really only mean comparing their 4-strokes with those of their competitors, not comparing them to 2 strokes. Their smaller 4 stroke outboards are are very reliable, which is a big deal for me in an outboard.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts

As far as I know, and I know a lot, you never exploited Argentina. There was this one US naval ship capitain who went to Falklands (yes, them) around 1830 and kicked briefly some ass there but was not a big deal.

- cruiz-euro

161 - 179 of 179 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.