1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
So original kbenton...

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Very nice review and pictures. Love the by the dock stuff. Speedmaster looks ok for a cruiser. Nice to know Triumph makes a better handling cruiser than most as I think cruisers aren't safe because of their inferior agility and poor performance (both stopping and acceleration). Now you cruiser fans be sure and support Triumph cruisers so they can use those profits making their modern sportbikes better for those of us with better sense and taste. That Rocket is just gross..In person it's even more gross.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just got a brand new '06 Rocket III on special (14990 OTD!) and I agree with everything Gabe says although I get the feeling that the R3 rubbed Gabe the wrong way. I however love it! Granted I am still in the honeymoon phase but to me this bike is the best of both worlds, power and comfort. The rear shocks do suck and at a stand still revving the engine it does feel like it wants to roll over for a treat, okay that is an exaggeration but you do feel it. I’ll take the maintenance-free shaft as a trade off though. As for the shocks I found, and I have said this before somewhere on MO, aftermarket shocks that are on the fly adjustable for a little under 400 bucks. Something else Gabe said which is very true is everyone wants to stand there and talk to you about what the hell it is for 10 minutes but that is part of the fun of owning a motorcycle that is so different from everything else. Having Harley guys do a double take (and that is not an exaggeration) makes riding this vehicular pit-bull that much more fun to ride.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
I'm sorry, but "fun" is not quantifiable on a spec sheet, therefore it is irrelevant and you are not having any.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
As soon as I hit the $350M on Powerball, it'll be New Bikes for ALL the GPTB.

And a new tricycle for ksquid.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
kbent that is less than they pay me to maintain this kblog...oooops I should not say that the kconspiracy theory knuts will be aroused from their slumber..

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
There is some noise about a two-cylinder Rocket. That would be interesting...

I'm still waiting for a new Trophy.

Meanwhile, I'm lovin' my Sprint ST!

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Again?

"kbent that is less than they pay me to maintain this kblog...oooops I should not say that the kconspiracy theory knuts will be on my chin any minute"

"kbent" is cool with me. And your post is fixed at no charge.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
"I should not say that the kconspiracy theory knuts will be aroused from their slumber.."

Then the Curds will come for you.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Y'know dude, if you were real, I'd actually get you one if you'd just step out from behind that keyboard.

But that's not gonna happen.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
It's graded on a sliding scale..........

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Nice write-up, the only problem being that Triumph's cruisers would be the last Triumph models I would buy. However I have made a point to recommend the Bonneville America to guys who are thinking about returning to motorcycles rather than the V-twin cruisers. However no one ever listens so it's pretty much a waste of time. The last guy decided to get a Suzuki Marauder instead.... yawn. I guess he really wanted to show his 'individuality'.

Hope Trumpet meets their sales goals. That means more low miles, used Tigers and S3s in a couple years for me to pick from.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.