Motorcycle Forums banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Even the crappy roads in SD are better than our good ones. Especially since it's been do cold out here. Single digits and snow is getting me down. Gas up the Glide. I'm flying out there! LOL

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
If the new SV is anything like the old one, I'm sure you love that bike. I had a 97 SV1000S and although I had some problems with it, it was a lot of fun to ride. Can't beat those twins for fun factor.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
The '05 ST doesn't come with bags like the '03 and '04 models, so effectively there has been a $1000 price hike.

Does the Viffer come with bags?

·
Registered
291 Posts
A black one and a yellow one, new '04's, in Chicago tagged at about $7995 before a $500 rebate. I can't even explain the test on my will power this creates.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
It was only 83 today so you better bring your electric vest.

I rode the geezer to the gym today. I'm off to FL tomorrow so the bikes will be sitting. I'll leave the key under the mat!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I think I understand. If they weren't coming out with the 1050 I don't know if I could stop myself from doing some really stupid things (even for me!) to get a 955i. The ZX-10R won't leave me alone either! It isn't nearly the all around STREET bike the Daytona is (IMHO) BUT what a Rush! You can FEEL it getting MORE powerful as you go faster! I'm a mess next bike decision-wise these days. When the Daytona 1050 comes out it will bring it all to head for me. Fortunately the REX is still providing an excellent smile per mile value here in the flatlands.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
VFRs don't come with bags. Accessory bags, where you pay ~$1000 for $50 worth of materials, are a major profit producer. With the ST you also get a lot more HP. And, believe it or not, a better electrical system.

The world has certainly turned on its head. A Britbike is less than its counterpart Honda, has more HP and has better electrics.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
I'll hoist a Guiness to you at lunch!

Is 47 considered antique enough for the GPTB?

And, while I'm at it, is there a Chapter for those whose hair turned loose before it turned grey?

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
My understanding is the new 1050 motor has an EFI sourced from Keihin, replacing the Sagem unit. It is supposed to be fully adjustable, a la the pre-2002 powerplants. I've been told the new motor has a tad more power than the latest 955, but the delivery is more like the pre-'02 motors. Which is a good thing.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I am of the school that says that the only "Sport Tourer" in the "Sport Tourer Shootout" was the Sprint ST. The ZZR might slot in as a "Sport tourer" and the rest were "Medium Tourer's". This was not an original thought by me but once it was put forward I found myself endorsing it. The VFR is a fine bike but if I was in the market for a "Sport Tourer" the Sprint ST would, for several reasons, win hands down.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
You can have the piston out of my Magna that the valves dropped through.

Should I bronze it first? I'm building up quite a museum of examples of "superior" Japanese quality.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts