Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
I thought that was called the Y2K. And it was in the movie Dorque, so I'm afraid that it doesn't matter how fast it is, it will never outrun that stench.

Chango

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
He drove it to the Autobook place in Burbank one Saturday a while back. Drew a big crowd.

He also drives that big silver monstrosity with the aircraft engine down Hollywood Way now and then, along with his Stanley Steamer.

Slumming I guess.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Somewhere I read that Leno's biggest problem with the bike is the time it takes for the engine to spool up, and even more importantly, how long it takes to reduce thrust when you come off the throttle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
funny considering your $10,000 kawi/honda/suzuki is gonna beat this thing ina quarter mile race anyday. we could buy 15 of the asian bikes and all 15 of them could win at once for the price of one of these silly contraptions.

·
Registered
13 Posts
THey sound like a Hoover vacuum cleaner on steroids...and they smell funny (kerosene fuel). But hey, doesn't a big-block Hoss produce more than 300 HP and they've been avaiable for several years. Ric

·
Registered
955 Posts
Yawn!

And this is a good idea, how?

Let's just say I have enough money to buy anything my little heart desires. Why in-the-world would I want to own the ultra- expensive second-cousin to the hoolahoop? If I need to see paint bubble that bad, Builder's Square sells heat-guns for under $50.00, everyday.

·
Registered
955 Posts
AMEN BROTHER!

And iffin y’all come down next Friday, the first 100 brother and sisters through the doors, of the Holy, Sanctified, Somewhat Sinister Tabernacle, Used Car Lot and Faith Center, will all be recievin’ a free copy of Reverend B. Booger Pickens’ "How to Create Guilt, Uncertainty and Self Loathing, Through Sexual Humiliation – a guide to raising children for People of Faith"

·
Registered
13 Posts
The 502 Crate engine used by Boss Hoss puts out 500+ hp. The 350 is rated at 355 hp. I've ridden the 350, and it's quite a hoot! Handles better than you'd think, but that's an extremely relativistic statement.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Years ago I had the opportunity of getting non air worthy turbines from Hughes 500's through a friend who was a helicopter engineer. From what I recall they were about 20" long and about 145 lbs, but they were rated at 425 hp.

Being compact, light weight and powerful our idea was to build a rear engined drag bike with these units as they were being sold quite cheap. The real drawback was having a reduction box and clutch built for it as I think they turned @50k rpm

Time passed and then kids showed up so the project died before coming to anything. Now that the kids are gone I'm still intrigued with the idea. If nothing else it might turn into life time project!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.