Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have JC Whitney "Mini-Supercharger" for sale. Fits small gas powered motors. Suitable for Briggs & Stratton or Moped applications. $1,000.00 obo. Or trade for '58 Studebaker Scottsman.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
I can get a supercharger off of a newer GM 3.8 for $50. I wouldn't pay $1000 for that thing.
No disrespect, but - Where?

Last one I saw on fleabay needed bearings, he didn't/wouldn't assert that the rotors were un-scarred, and it went for ~$200

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Some local shops around here in central Minnesota. The intern here just bought two entire working 3800's(with new superchargers) for $100 total. One of the engines even has new pistons/heads/bears/etc.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Was my car in high school

A '58 Studebaker Scotsman? Really?

You *are* a thrifty SOB, aren't you. (I love Studes.)
The cheapest Stude ever made. Looked like a cross between a Ford & Chevy. 196 cu.in. flathead six. I bought it for $200.00 off the original owner. It smoked so bad, I could only drive it at night. Tried a tube of JC Whitney's "Piston Seal and Ring Restorer" and it fouled the plugs...bastards...

I had a bunch of Studebakers, the one I wish I'd of kept was the '53 Raymond Lowey Coupe. Had a V8. (Stude had an OHV V8 in 1951, 4 years before GM).

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
The cheapest Stude ever made. Looked like a cross between a Ford & Chevy. 196 cu.in. flathead six. I bought it for $200.00 off the original owner. It smoked so bad, I could only drive it at night. Tried a tube of JC Whitney's "Piston Seal and Ring Restorer" and it fouled the plugs...bastards...

I had a bunch of Studebakers, the one I wish I'd of kept was the '53 Raymond Lowey Coupe. Had a V8. (Stude had an OHV V8 in 1951, 4 years before GM).
I was always impressed by the 32V DOHC V8 Studebaker was developing (but never quite perfected) before the demise of the company............

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Studebaker-Porsche connection? Andy Granatelli's spinning at about 10,000 rpm as we speak! (type?)

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
Post War Madness

Studebaker-Porsche connection? Andy Granatelli's spinning at about 10,000 rpm as we speak! (type?)
Apparently Stude was in their last throes, but didn't know it yet. They wanted an aircooled car for some reason. Porsche did virtually all the design work, and plans were made to build in Wisconson (I think). Anyhoo, that was about the time the company was failing and was subsequently bought out. It was a goofy looking car, as, IMHO, most of the cars of that era were.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.