Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: 2 Motorcyclists hurt in practical joke

I don't think that was a very good "JOKE". I really don't think whoever did it wants to be alone with Buckel for any length of time.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Re: Full Face Full Face Full Face

I think anyone who tries to claim that they are safer when not wearing a full-face helmet is either severely deluded or unable to comprehend both basic statistics and the laws of physics. However, even though I live in a land where helmet use is compulsory, and even though I'd always wear a helmet even if it wasn't, I still cannot understand why governments take it upon themselves to tell their citizens how and whether they should risk their own lives. If I head-butt the road while wearing only a baseball cap, surely that should rate as being my own (very) stupid fault?

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Re: Two Motorcyclists hurt in practical joke

Just how long would it take to string that much plastic wrap and where did these potential murderers get wrap that long? Someone had to see this being done and I'd say an attempted murder charge would be about right. Can you imagine the front fender knifing under the wrap, forcing the wrap upward into a head-level rope? I don't care what helmet you're wearing, your head might just be coming off.

·
Registered
14 Posts

This sounds alot like throwing cinder blocks or rocks off of an over pass. I hope they hang the "pranksers" with plastic wrap (or maybe throw them off an over pass).

·
Registered
75 Posts

Sadly, its quite easy to get that much wrap. You merely have to go to your local foodservice supplier, and you can get it in 5000' rolls that are 24-36" wide. I have seen people wrap cars shut, but never this... It is sad.

·
Registered
466 Posts

There's probably fingerprints somewhere on all that wrap. I hope the authorities are treating this as attempted murder since the rider could easily have snapped his neck - with or without a helmet. Lets hope this doesn't set off any copycats, either.

·
Registered
771 Posts

You can say that all you want. But since it hurt motorcyclist, the (lack of) public outrage won't force any big investigation. Even if the pr!cks are found they won't face atempted murder, probably some bogus minor charge akin to littering.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts

The guy's offering a $1000 reward for info., There may well be an attempted murder charge after all LOL.

The proper response would be to shrinkwrap who ever did this up to their shoulders and drop 'em off about 15 miles up some logging road.

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
Good point in addition however,

I totally agree. I am not in favor of compulsory laws. However, if those laws are the books already, I don't think the AMA should spend valuable time, money and political capital on repealing such laws. The AMA should spend it's time on stuff like the Janklow thing, health insurance discrimination. i.e. protect motorcyclists

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.