Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bummer, I always enjoyed Greg and Two wheel Tuesday. Ahh another show about squids, though TWT was pretty much squids and motorcross. The cross country tour on the 50cc bikes was pretty entertaining.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Haven't heard anything. Have you checked speeds program schedule? Two wheel tuesday has never been about squids. In my opinion anyway it's been about racing action. Everyone's got their own definition I guess.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
What's that smell?

I cringe every time I see the promo for "Super Bikes." I'll reserve judgment until I see it, but there's a strong scent of calamari in the air.

Sad to see TWT go, but the the half-hour format didn't offer much opportunity for any real depth. Greg White is a likeable goof.

Bigdx and his ilk are likely going to have a ball with this new show, and, if it's anything like I fear, I can't say I'll blame him. Then again, they've got American Thunder.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
Re: Give me time

Yeah it's gone down! I don't think the motorcycle prophylactic is going to get his dream of $4 a gallon gas this summer.

Oh, I got your Tequila. You gonna ride out here and pick it up in person or be a sissy and make me mail it to you?

It's fine Mexican sippin' Tequilla. Not Jose Cuervo slammin' Tequila.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yeah, I saw the promo. All about squids, stunts, block-long wheelies, screaming overdrive guitar soundtrack, immature jerks wall-to-wall. Precisely the image of motorcycling I don't want to see glorified.

I am SO disappointed with Speed. What a huge waste of bandwidth.

Hey Speed guys... all's I watch on your worthless channel is MotoGP. Useta watch the historical programming, but you canned that. Oh and by the way, I TIVO everything, so your sponsors are getting zero eye-time. Have a nice day.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
Two Wheel Tuesday is indeed over. I think Speed is replacing it with a show about racing coverage though. And there is a new squid-like program.

I read it somewhere I just can't remember where. Perhaps scroll through the archives on Speed?

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
How can Speed make money by pursuing the demographic of squids who don't really have any money to spend? It's like the NBA pursuing the gangsta culture when in reality it's the middle class guys who can afford the tickets, not the punks.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Changing of the guard

This another sign of the GPTB and the V-Twing crown losing it grip on sponsers... Superbikes will target a younger audience with growing purchasing power. TWT was great when it focused on racing and non-cruiser stuff.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts

$4 be patient..

·
Banned
3,775 Posts

Funny it takes W in the whitehouse for it to happen... Do record profits for the oil companies have anything to do with it?.. Nah can't be.. They wouldn't do that..

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
Re: Changing of the guard

No, it's the natural progression of marketing. You beat one aspect of the market to death (the chopper thing) now you go after the squid sportbike aspect. That will run it's course in 4-5 years like the choppers have and than they will go into the streetfighter segment...and than maybe dualsport and so on until there is a show about racing hi-powered Vespas in retirement communities.

The Great Marketing Prophet,

BrowningBAR

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts

We need to smash all big monoplistic companies that dominate the marketplace, squeezing out competition and paying huge unwarranted salaries to the CEOs.

Like Boeing.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Re: Changing of the guard

Actually, they'll go after squids, see their ad revenues plummet because the youngsters don't have any money and then they'll go after the middle aged guys again.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts

I don't think that market is a monopoly..

·
Banned
3,775 Posts

Airbus, ATR, BAE, Bomardier, Embraer. Finmeccanica, Fokker Aerospace Group, Desault, etc etc

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts

Only a handful of those companies. Just like big oil! Down with the ECOC(tm)! Robber barons!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.